Blocking other Iphone options

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
CoachBob

Blocking other Iphone options

Post by CoachBob » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:47 am

Sorry to add one more thing...but I will be letting my players use my iphone to track the games but I would like to make sure they cant answer a call, view incoming text messages, see my email, etc. Is there a way to block everything? Would this be an Iphone issue or somethin the APP could do? What happens if a call or text comes in while the app is running? Can it be set up to ignore everything?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Blocking other Iphone options

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:05 pm

Apple does not allow us to take control of the phone in that way.

There ARE some capabilities built into the iPhone under the Settings icon to add passwords to certain parts of the phone, but I'm not sure if that includes email, messaging, or phone.

If a call or text comes in while scoring, you can safely ignore it.

If you answer, then when you go back in to iScore, it will take you back to the place you left off.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
NCTitan

Re: Blocking other Iphone options

Post by NCTitan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:51 am

Hey Coach Bob,
You can turn off the phone and internet functions of the phone by using the Airplane mode. It is located in the settings and according to the manuel this disables the phone ant. and the internet ant, not allowing the phone to receive or make calls. And I believe by turning of the WIFI ant. no internet. So give that a try.