Foul tip and missed bunt

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
fordfan485

Foul tip and missed bunt

Post by fordfan485 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:29 am

It would be nice to be able to record a missed bunt attempt and foul tip. Maybe have them be recorded by using gestures and the strike/foul buttons Or adding a new 'other' button that brings up that menu similar to the out and in play menus.
quietman

Re: Foul tip and missed bunt

Post by quietman » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:37 am

yes!
webshowpro

Post by webshowpro » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:36 am

On the subject of fouls, it would be nice if the locations could be recorded and shown in the hit chart (maybe using a different color). It would be useful to know. Say for example a batter had a long battle and fouled several ball off deep down the line before a called third strike. I'd want my pitcher to approach his next at bats differently than a guy that struck out looking on 3 pitches.

I'm guessing the hit data is stored per at bat, rather than per pitch so I'm guessing it would be a rather significant change, but one that would be very useful in the long run in my opinion.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 am

iscore is a scorcard application at its core. there are some great analytics you can add on with edgehq.com, see more on them at viewforum.php?f=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the score card will show all pitches in balls strikes and extra fouls . the hit charts are color coded for red out, yellow ROE/FC, green hit,. dash grounder, solid = line drive, solid w/ shadow for fly. location can be outside the foul lines. In the game hit lines are numbered for time at bat..

hope this helps
webshowpro

Post by webshowpro » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:56 am

My point is there is currently no way to record the foul ball location - so even when iscore is paired with a product like edgehq.com a hit chart with fould balls is not possible because the data is not saved at the point of entry.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:59 am

We will add foul ball location tracking to our enhancement list, and if we start getting a lot of requests for it, we will push up the priority.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
webshowpro

Post by webshowpro » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:12 am

Thanks you guys rock!
team mom

Post by team mom » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:52 am

in the meantime, it is quick and easy to use the misc notes option to note location and type of foul balls. I often use "foul tip" "bunt foul" or "foul 3rd base" as quick notes just to provide additional data.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:54 pm

ah, the location of all the fouls, not just the foul outs that has been previously raised, .. i see an option to have the location chart show up on after the foul button. could make them blue or pink or some color like that.. hmm. could see who is swinging late or early i guess. or straight back and right on it.
webshowpro

Post by webshowpro » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:53 am

Ohio - That is exactly what I'm talking about! That could be very valuable info to have when facing a good hitter!