Batting order set-up

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
akelter

Batting order set-up

Post by akelter » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:34 pm

I have manually entered all the team rosters for the PCL, since I use iScore when I attend PCL games in Sacramento. When the staring lineups are announced at the ballpark, it's pretty easy to identify the player in the roster and list him as "batting" (I.e., change NO to YES). But the resulting batting order is created by the order in which the players appear in my roster, NOT the sequential order in which I changed NO to YES. So then I have to recapitulate the batting order somehow. Can't the app preserve the chronological order in which I changed Batting: NO to Batting:YES to jive with the sequence in which the batting order is announced? Or am I doing it wrong?
OhioTex

Re: Batting order set-up

Post by OhioTex » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:55 pm

Team Rosters (under Team Manager) are different than Game Line ups (under game manager)

when you create a game, the Game Line Up is populated from the Team Roster, after that they are independent. change in one does not change the other.

. in the game line up you can easily move up and down the player in the batting order
* on iOS , drag and drop the three bar icon on right
* on android, hold on player for context menu to pop up.

after you make your line up changes, you can save them to your team roster for future use,
Options > copy to team roster ..
akelter

Post by akelter » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:39 am

Thanks, Ohio Tex. But in AAA baseball, the lineup often changes dramatically from game to game. Players not only change in the batting order, including sitting on the bench, they change positions, too. So it's sometimes going to be easier to start from scratch than to start from yesterday's lineup. Not to mention the MLB players on rehab assignments.

I still think iScore should be able to remember in what order I choose who's batting each game. By the time I've made sure I have the right players in the game, I've forgotten what order they bat in. And the PA announcer does not read the lineup twice just for the benefit of iScore users.

It doesn't SEEM like too much to ask...
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:55 am

your statement does not track .. believe me little league changes last minute too. every league does.

here is a tip, flip your work flow. .instead of trying to convert from bat = yes/no first, then order, when announcer calls out names, slide the batter up /down to his slot, and then go back and change the yes/no afterwards.
akelter

Post by akelter » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:09 am

Now you're talking. That's a great idea! Thanks for the tip. I think that will work just fine.

Even if I do that, however, I still think the app ought to take care of that in a future update without it having to be a two-step process.

Thanks again for sticking with me on this.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:22 pm

the app can't assume the order you edit bat yes/no = batting order. think about the various variations. Say the first batter was correct from prior game. second batter is a new call up so you add, it is the first player you edit for this game, but he is not batter 1 but bater 2. how would it know. or say you are just switching number 8 and 4. the order you edit would not give any indication who went were. At some point iscore needs to be told exactly what you need, it can not assume, because as soon as it does there will be an exception