Game Timer

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
dpeter11

Game Timer

Post by dpeter11 » Mon May 30, 2011 11:09 pm

Any chance of an enhancement that would allow you to pause the game timer? Maybe a tap on the game time and an option to pause the timer? Sometimes there are rain delays or postponed games. Sometimes if I'm scoring a game on TV I want to pause it and resume a few hours later or the next day even and the timer is all wrong.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Game Timer

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 30, 2011 11:45 pm

For the recorded game scenario, you can manually set the real start and stop time for the game when the game is over.

For rain delays, you can enter a note that there was a rain delay. The duration is a calculated field, not a stored field. We calculate it as End Time - Start time. If you want to enter a duration, you can always put it in the Game Notes as well.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
team mom

Post by team mom » Tue May 31, 2011 4:40 am

To effectively stop the time, you can do a misc.-end game. When the game starts up again, you can tap undo to go back to where you were before the interruption.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue May 31, 2011 7:31 am

a thought (un tested) if you do a misc End game, I believe the stats then go into cumulative stats b/c game is now "final" in iscore mind. that may or may not be a good thing, just something to consider when thinking on how you handle rain delay games.
fbltad

Re: Game Timer - design spec suggestion

Post by fbltad » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Here's a basic design spec suggestion for a rain delay option:

Button for 'Start Rain Delay" (SRD)
Button for "End Rain Delay" (ERD) (could be the same button that changes from start to end, depending on context)

TotalTime = EndTime - StartTime
Game Duration = TotalTime - (ERD-SRD)

This would allow 1 Rain Delay per game ... unless ...

You could always create an expandable matrix to store multiple rain delay start and stop times and then minus the cummulative rain delay times from the total time. EG: Game Duration = TotalTime - (SUM(ERD1-SRD1,ERD2-SRD2,ERDn-SRDn))

Lauren
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:53 pm

JMO, from a developers view point how often does this come up in baseball/softball? How often is it critical to have exact game clock in the event of a rain delay?
Good suggestion, but I am not sure how far up the priority list it will get unless it is a much needed enhancement.
team mom

Post by team mom » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:04 am

I use the timer merely as an estimate of time left in a game. Rarely do I start it at the same time as the ump so it is never an accurate game time keeper. And never has the ump asked me how much time is left! :lol:
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:46 am

:lol: I am with you team mom.. :lol:
baystatebaseball

Post by baystatebaseball » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:13 pm

I would like to see a rain delay feature, but I do agree this should not jump the queue for other, more important features.

By the way, we were playing in a tournament this past weekend, and the game timer was very helpful. The tournament rules stated that a new inning couldn't start after 2 hours had elapsed. The iScore timer read 1:58 after 6 innings, and we were able to press our case for a 7th inning.
baystatebaseball

Post by baystatebaseball » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:22 pm

P.S. Perhaps the better path for tracking delays would be to have a "game note" button with a timer. I.e., not a note on a play, but a note on the game. And different from the simple notes field on the Game Info screen.

This button could be accessed from within the scoring screen, and would essentially create a log file for any notes related to the game (rain delay, tribute delay, squirrel in the infield, streaker in the outfield, etc.). Clicking the button would throw a time stamp into the log, and you could then hit it again when the notable event ended.