tablet Disable Pitch Location Tracking/ Replace with Scorecard (Android future.feature.request)

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
ultraman

tablet Disable Pitch Location Tracking/ Replace with Scorecard (Android future.feature.request)

Post by ultraman » Fri May 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Love the iPad app, however when scoring my youth league games, I'm rarely in position to accurately track pitch locations, and simply choose not to do it. I have to think there are many other users in the same situation.

Because of this, there will always be a significant amount of screen "real estate" that is wasted during in-game scorekeeping.

It would be nice if pitch location tracking could be toggled off, and this area used from something more useful to those that don't track pitch location - perhaps the current batter's spray chart, or some running stats for the current pitcher and batter ... I'm sure other folks could come up with other good ideas for that screen space for those that don't track pitch location.

Thanks.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: iPad - Disable Pitch Location Tracking

Post by FTMSupport » Fri May 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. We will likely allow different things to be shown in that area in future updates.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
brian_oshea

Post by brian_oshea » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:05 am

I would suggest that one of the items that it would be nice to have if you do not use pitch location, as I don't, is the score card for the team at bat. Quite often someone will ask what happened to "Pat" and you have to wait until you bring up the card & in the meantime the game goes on.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:53 am

this has been requested before and on FTM list for consideration. thanks for feedback. the more requests the more consideration it gets.

(FYI it is only applicable to tablet versions (e.g iPad))
bepeacock

Post by bepeacock » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Very nice idea. I'll add my vote.
rseidman

Post by rseidman » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:01 am

i'll add my vote as well. I love the concept of pitch location tracking (my son is a pitcher) but I rarely get to sit in a place where I can accurately judge pitch location; I frequently can't figure out what type of pitch he threw, and I don't have a clue as to how fast it is travelling.
team mom

Post by team mom » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:36 am

Here is an idea for future enhancement. One person is scoring the game as usual, and another person is sitting behind the plate with a radar gun only scoring the pitch type, location and speed. Afterwards, they merge their data into one game file. I think the current data sharing only shares data, but does not merge. I do not track the pitches currently because (1) there is a lot going on already and I don't want to get behind and (2) I don't know enough about pitch types to do it. But our team does have a radar gun and I think this would be cool to have if the information could somehow be merged.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:52 am

The concept of "shared scorekeeping" has come up before, and it is something we would like to do. It is a lot more difficult than it sounds. What happens when one of the two scorekeepers misses a pitch or gets behind or any number of things that can happen while at the field that cause the two to be out of sync. We think we have ideas on how to solve some of these things, and we do have it on our list. It is just not something we would expect to have available any time soon.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
team mom

Post by team mom » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:54 am

I agree it would be difficult and probably limited. i.e. maybe only certain functions (like pitch location) could be merged and not the entire game (as I'm sure no two scorekeepers' books would look exactly the same.) Anyway, it is not high on my list either, just a thought I wanted to pass along!
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
webshowpro

Post by webshowpro » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:09 am

Yay! Another Shared score keeping +1.... That was one thing I suggested a while back myself! I'm sure it would be tough though. My thought would be maybe offer it as a stand alone app, and share the team / roster databases. Then the scoring and pitch data is kept separate. That way the score keeper can be a little more relaxed and not worry about getting every single pitch. Merge the two data files together after the fact, but tie the pitch details to the at bat (hitter) . There would likely be a lot less conflicts and if there it should be easy enough to resolve manually. Just athought...