Automatically prompt for winning/losing pitcher ?

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
LittleLeagueMom

Re: Automatically prompt for winning/losing pitcher ?

Post by LittleLeagueMom » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:21 am

I would really like a reminder too...I always forget to update that info.
fordfan485

Post by fordfan485 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 am

Would it be possible to have an option when creating a game to give an option to say MLB game. That way iscore knows to follow MLB rules for calcs of ER and have it determine the winning and losing pitchers. I'm thinking this could go near where you select baseball/softball when setting up a new game.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:29 am

ER is calculated according to the rules of baseball. As far as we know there are no differences on how Earned Runs are calculated from league to league. We have stuck with the philosophy of trying not to enforce rules, but allowing you to score within the rules. As soon as we start becoming the enforcer of rules, we will get the requests for the exceptions to the rule, and the exceptions are endless from league to league.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
LittleLeagueMom

Post by LittleLeagueMom » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:46 pm

Any chance this request for a prompt screen after you "end game" for the user to select the winning/losing pitchers has made it's way on to the enhancement list? This isn't an attempt to save steps or have iscore automatically select them, just a reminder to finish the score keeping responsibilities. After a year of scoring, I still never think of updating these fields at game time and it would be nice to not have to worry about it later. I like the idea of prompting other reminders too...game info, iscorecast synch, email, export.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:14 pm

We do have this request on our enhancement list, and will be adding it in a future release. As usual, we don't yet know when, but it is definitely on our list.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
clmazin

Post by clmazin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:33 pm

It does occur to me that you could put, as one of the game creation options (along with number of innings, distance of mound, etc.) a toggle for automatic win/loss/save per MLB rules. Obviously not a huge priority, but even though I score Pony League, I would go ahead and use that, since I don't think there are any specific Pony rules regarding how W-L-SV should be recorded.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:50 am

clmazin wrote:It does occur to me that you could put, as one of the game creation options (along with number of innings, distance of mound, etc.) a toggle for automatic win/loss/save per MLB rules. Obviously not a huge priority, but even though I score Pony League, I would go ahead and use that, since I don't think there are any specific Pony rules regarding how W-L-SV should be recorded.
No harm in having this I suppose, but this would be almost useless for little league, as kids are not pitching minimum 5 innings required to qualify for win. So, 99.9% of time, would still have to enter the winning pitcher.

May be helpful for some though, including those scoring MLB games.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
clmazin

Post by clmazin » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Good point. Our games are max 6 innings, but I ignore the 5 run requirement for a W. Another reason why implementing auto W/L/SV is tough. I withdraw the request! :)