Preset fielders default

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Aimee

Preset fielders default

Post by Aimee » Sat May 14, 2011 3:25 pm

I would like to have there be a way to set a default preset fielders table for a team to be used when setting up a game, just as the roster is the default for a lineup. We played 4 games this weekend with the same fielding and one team we played twice. We all used the same fielding each game but we didn't know who we were playing until shortly before game time. I'd see similar functionality to the line ups as well, i.e. copy preset fielders to team roster level preset fielders default.
jcbeckman

Re: Preset fielders default

Post by jcbeckman » Sat May 14, 2011 3:44 pm

You can do this today. Set up the fielders for the game, then hit the button at the bottom right and select "copy Lineup to Roster." The your roster will default to those fielders. You can give every player a default position. iScore will use the first player it sees with that position to fill it in the field.
Aimee

Post by Aimee » Sat May 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Copy to roster only copies the positions for the first inning. I'm talking about the positions for every inning identical to the preset fielding positions. Every player must play a different position each inning during the game.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sat May 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Interesting idea, not heard it proposed before.. Suspect FTM will add to the list...

Aimee wrote:I would like to have there be a way to set a default preset fielders table for a team to be used when setting up a game, just as the roster is the default for a lineup. We played 4 games this weekend with the same fielding and one team we played twice. We all used the same fielding each game but we didn't know who we were playing until shortly before game time. I'd see similar functionality to the line ups as well, i.e. copy preset fielders to team roster level preset fielders default.
Haveman97

Post by Haveman97 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:09 am

Has this ever been implemented?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:39 am

This exists on the iOS version of iScore. It is still on the enhancement list for a future update for Android.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Haveman97

Post by Haveman97 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:52 am

I have iOS 4.4.1, but I can't figure out how to adjust the default positions per inning. I would assume it would be under Team->Roster but the only options is primary position and batting order. I'm looking to change the per inning default positions. What am I missing?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:40 am

See the following link in the iScore Documentation for more information on Preset Fielders:

http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/#h.joxjrtenwo1p
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Haveman97

Post by Haveman97 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:25 pm

That doesn't help me, I know how to setup them up during game setup.

The OP (and subsequently me) are referring to a Master Default preset fielder setup.
Whereas every time we create a new game. The fielders, by inning, are already setup into their correct positions.
ie John Smith is playing 1B in 1st inning, RF in 2nd inning, OUT in third, etc, etc.
Bob White is playing 2B in 1st, C in 2nd, P ins 3rd.

This would REALLY help during tournaments when you're having to add games on the fly.
tonylima

Post by tonylima » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Aimee wrote:Copy to roster only copies the positions for the first inning. I'm talking about the positions for every inning identical to the preset fielding positions. Every player must play a different position each inning during the game.
Curious: what league/division/organization has this rule? I've heard of it before and am curious about who's using it.

Thanks,
Tony Lima (sometime sports economist)