more enhancement requests

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
heroes

more enhancement requests

Post by heroes » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:39 am

Congratulations for the recent update!
This update already makes your application absolutely a must buy!
Love it love it love it!

I'm not sure if you guys are looking for any other enhancement requests but if so, I'll throw more in just in case! I'm sure you guys set up priorities based on the demand.

1.Jersey numbers and fielding positions indicated on the stats. ----assuming it is easy too

2. game summery stats more true to the way you see on MLB.com website---- so you know who substituted whom as PH or defensive sub etc. (currently, sub players are only listed as it was in the initial line up)

3 .an option to set up Mercy rules (since many amateur games have it...)as well as walk off run(this didn't show up when I tried it with 5 innings but maybe I'm wrong) .

4. At the end of the game on the final stat, indicating winning/losing pitcher, save, HR, RBI(maybe?), Name of Ball Park, and maybe create a section where you can write a game summery yourself. --I know someone mentioned this one partially already...This was one thing the other baseball app(BB Scorecard) had.

5. Keeping stats for one team through multiple scorers(iphones).-----our team now has 3 iphones with your application and we will be using one of the machines to score our game depending on who is available that day. We won't use multiple phones for one game but there will be occasions where one phone is used this week but next week another phone is used.
Once you guys have the league scoring available, is there anyway we can sync multiple iphones to score for the same team using maybe a web account to keep the stats or importing or exporting total stats from/to other iphones?

6.League scoring---so you can get the total stats of the season!
I know this is also another thing you mentioned you were doing for the next update. I mention again that we are all looking forward to it!

7. Actual score sheet at the end of the game---not just the stat numbers but the sheet where you can understand every play recorded during the game.(like the real scorecard)
I think someone mentioned this one and you said it is considered for the future update. I bet it's easy since every play is recorded anyway. It'd be nice to be able to see certain plays in the past games.

Again, you guys should be proud! The jump you made for the first update gives us so much hope for this app to be the best ever app.(it's already great)
I think people would pay at least twice or more for your app if these are all implemented. (I know I would!)
I already made 3 other iphone owners of my team download this application!!!

thank you very much

The Heroes
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: more enhancement requests

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:58 am

Thank you again for more great feedback.

#1. Yes, this is very easy and will be added.

#2. We are working on improving our stats reporting, and will constantly be making updates from version to version. We have all the data stored, it is just a matter of presenting it in the way that the most people find useful. We are actually working toward making the output configurable so you can choose what you want to see, and will have that in a release at some point.

#3. We have mercy rule and walk off scoring as items on our list of requests. We added the ability to end a game early, and these are really variations on that... but we will be auto-detecting these variations soon (based on settings for mercy rule in your league).

#4. Also good ideas, some of which we already have on the list, and we will add the others. We actually already have placeholders internally in the code for most of these things (and umpire names, etc), and just need to create an interface for entering the items.

#5. Very good idea. We planned on allowing the "broadcasting" of games across multiple phones and even to the internet, but the idea of a "shared league" where multiple people can score within the league and share the data is a good one. We will definitely add this to our list.

#6. This is going to be in our next update (to be submitted for approval any day now).

#7. This also is in our next release (to be submitted for approval any day now), and was the #1 request by far.

Keep the ideas flowing as we are working hard to be sure iScore Baseball is the best scoring application for the iPhone.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
SharkBait

Post by SharkBait » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:19 am

heroes wrote: I think people would pay at least twice or more for your app if these are all implemented. (I know I would!)
I seriously was considering paying $19.99 (and then $9.99 when it went on sale) for a different app in hopes of getting the kinds of things that were added to this version and slated for the next...
heroes

Post by heroes » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:46 am

thank you for all your replies! You guys are the best!

--Shart
I know exactly which one you are talking about. I am still considering buying that one to compare. That one(K-forCe) is an app originally created for windows and supposed to be really solid. But I have a fear that they wouldn't have as much support as IScore because their main market is on the window side.(as you can already see, the interface isn't as nice)
There has been some apps in the past where they simply transferred over existing app and turns our not so well configured for Iphone.

I don't mind the price of either but I really feel a huge potential with ISCORE mainly because of their enthusiasm.

Let's hope I'm right!

Heroes
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:17 pm

There are at least a few advantages I think we have... first, we were designed from the ground up with the iPhone in mind, so all of our interfaces are going to fit well into iPhone's standard interface guidelines (as opposed to being a port from another platform where they are concerned about consistency across platforms).

Second, we are going to be much more responsive to customer requests. We do not have to keep consistency across many different platforms PLUS Windows based software, so we are able to make updates very quickly based on customer demands (as I believe we have been demonstrating).

Third, I think our approach of inputting the data in the way it happens on the field instead of trying to mimic a pencil-based "scorebook" that has been around forever is a better approach... it means people new to scorekeeping don't have to learn all the different varieties of keeping a scorebook. You just click buttons representing what took place on the field, and you are able to track all the subtleties of what took place in the game. Our upcoming release will allow outputting of a traditional "scorebook" for those that want it, but you are not forced into learning it. This is great for team moms in youth sports, casual fans, etc, and at the same time is able to capture enough detail for even serious enthusiasts.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs