A list of enhancements...

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
jdonato

A list of enhancements...

Post by jdonato » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi
I just finished scoring my first game, and I have found some shortcomings, or maybe I didn't know how to do some things. Here they go:

1. Indicate if a walk was intentional or not. Keep track of this difference as a stat.
2. Assign an error to the player that commits it. Keep track of this fielding statistic.
3. BUG: Switch hitters don't appear correctly, they seem to always appear batting right-sided. It could be an interesting item for future updates to track statistics batting left and right handed. I don't know if this visual representation of the batter is purely cosmetic or not.
4. There is not an option to assign a thrown out (ex. after a hit with runner at second, the runner is thrown out trying to score at home). I found tagged and picked off but not thrown out...
5. If there is a pick off, there is no way of assigning defensive players that were part of the play (like pitcher to first base to second base to pitcher or a picked off 1-3-4-1).
6. I need to assign, or at least know that it is being assigned, winning and losing pitchers, and most important, saves and save opportunities.
7. Maybe this I don't know how to do it: How to substitute for position and batting order at the same time (double substitutions). Let's say that the left fielder bats at the number 2 spot, the pitcher at the number 9. I want to substitute a new pitcher, batting 2, and a new left fielder, batting 9. How?
By the way, when a pinch hitter substitues a pitcher, the substituted pitcher still appears as pitching in the next inning, and the PH still appears as batting 2 or 3 innings later. Please fix.

That's my list for now. Some are bugs and some are enhancement requests, or at least I think they are. If I am way off, and there are ways to do some of this things, please let me know what I am doing wrong...

I am pretty excited with the possibilities, but some of these things are crucial for me... (and manually changing stats, but that was another post) ;)

Keep up the good work. I believe this will be the best in its class...
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: A list of enhancements...

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:09 am

I'll try and respond to each of these one at a time:

#1. In the version that just came out, if you click "In Play", there is an option to select "Intentional Walk" for a batter. In the final statistics, it is currently just listed as a walk, but we do in fact store it internally as a different type of walk. When we add the exporting to Excel capability, you will see this in its own column. Our built in stats reporting is an attempt to balance the right amount of information without overdoing it.

#2. In the version that just came out, there is a "More" button in the field. If you click that, there is an option to Assign Error to a fielder at any time.

#3. We have handling of switch hitters on our enhancement list. It will be supported better in an upcoming release.

#4. We use "tagged out" to represent a throw out as well. The distinction is that with a throw out, there is an assist involved. The recording of that assist is not recorded in the current version. In our next release, we are capturing a complete play that would include the assist in a throwout.

#5. Tracking the "touches" in a pick-off is coming in the next release. We are going to be submitting it to the app store any day now, and it has been about a 7-day process to get approvals.

#6. We will add this in a future version.

#7. Right now, defensive substitutions can only be made on the defense screen, and offensive on the batting screen. This means a double substitution would have to be done in two parts. This means it is a little tedious because you have to do the batting substitution while batting, and the defensive substitution when they return to the field, but it does not change the end result (i.e. scoring will be reflected correctly). This also applies to your question about the pitchers... you need to make the pitching / defensive substitution in the field when the team returns to defense. We will add this request to our enhacement list, and try and prioritize it into a future release.

Thank you very much for the feedback. If you think of anything more, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:24 am

Thanks, and again, thanks. I am really impressed by your quick responses. And obviously, by your excellent product, which in my opinion, is "almost there", and far superior than its competitors.
clent56

Post by clent56 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:19 pm

First: I love this software, it is exactly what I've been looking for and I will definitely be taking advantage of the MLB add-on this summer. So far I've watched all the videos, read the user guide, browsed through some of the posts here, and scored 2 games so far (for a Strat-O-Matic league).

Only one problem I can't get past ... in my last game I was unable to PH for pitchers? I click on the batter and I get the full roster to choose from, but when I pick a PH, it just "lights up" (so it knows it's been selected) but nothing happens. PH for position players worked fine. Any ideas?

CEL
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:36 pm

If your pitchers have a DH, then you can not PH for the pitcher... you would have to PH for the DH. That is the only reason we can think of that you would not be able to pinch hit for a player. Any player that has Batting = YES set, you should be able to pinch hit for.
clent56

Post by clent56 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:31 am

No it was an NL rules game using Strat-O-Matic (2010 Giants vs 2008 Phillies). All 9 players were listed as YES for batting, including the two starting pitchers. Lincecum fell behind 5-0 and I couldn't pinch hit for him leading off the top of the 6th. Later I tried to pinch for Jamie Moyer (who was well on his way to blowing the 5-0 lead) and couldn't do that either.

I was able to pinch hit for Pedro Feliz a few innings later though.

How do I "reset" the app?
clent56

Post by clent56 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:44 am

For all I know this could be a "Droid thing". Do I need another license to run the software on an iPad Touch as a test?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:04 am

There should not be any difference between the Android version and iOS version in this regard. In fact, when doing an offensive substitution, the program does not take fielding positions into account at all. Offensive and Defensive substitutions are treated separately. So the player being the pitcher would only be a consideration if using DH.

By "reset" the app, are you saying you want to delete all your existing data and start over? The easiest way to do that is to remove the app from the device and re-install. This will start you with no data again (and does not require a new purchase).

To install on an iPod Touch (or an iOS device), yes, it is a separate license than the Android version. The Android version is sold through Google, and the iOS version is sold through Apple, and they do not share sales data. Once you own the Android version, you can install on any number of Android devices that you own at no additional cost. And once you own an iOS version, you can install it on any number of iOS versions at no additional cost (though the iPhone and iPad versions are separate products as well). But a license does not transfer between Android and iOS.
clent56

Post by clent56 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:25 pm

Thanks .... powered the Droid on and off and everything is fine now. No clue what happened.

Thanks for the info about the licensing as well ... makes sense.

By the way, are you guys always this responsive? You've got a lot to learn about being a typical software support shop. ;)
team mom

Post by team mom » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:53 pm

If all your players are marked YES for batting you will not be able to pinch hit for anyone. There has to be at least one player not batting I believe in order to make offensive subs.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!