On the fly Exporting

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
CaptRR

On the fly Exporting

Post by CaptRR » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:02 am

Just got the program today, and I like it, however their is just one thing that would make the program perfect for my needs.

I broadcast little league games for a small community access channel. One of the things we do is show the outs, balls, ect.. up on the screen.

What I would like to request is a live export feature to say an xml file, or something similar. This would enable me to read the xml file with our overlay graphics program and put the current status graphics on the screen. At a minimum I need current batter information, but if it is possible I would like to have the stats for the batter and pitcher.

I know its not something that would be used allot, so I doubt it will take priority in developement, but if you looking for features to distinguish yourself this would definitely be one of them.
OhioTex

Re: On the fly Exporting

Post by OhioTex » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:59 pm

have you looked into the live iScorecast feature, specifically the non flash HTML viewer . .. it is not XML but sounds like it could fill your needs.

HTML viewer (view on any web browser, including smartphones)

http://data.iscorecentral.com/iscorecas ... xxxxxxxxxx
replace xxxxxxxxxx with your own device ID.
CaptRR

Post by CaptRR » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:45 am

That is very very close to what I am looking for, its html, but html can be parsed, though trying to figure out the javascript could be a little tricky. I can't use the raw text off the website since most computer text and graphics just don't look good when pushed over to an NTSC tv (i.e. I need to have big text, and limit the colors).

The only problem I would have is that it requires an internet connection, which is something i don't have at many of the ball fields (rural areas mostly). I would also love to have the pitching stats, but I by doing so I am starting to feel a little greedy :) . Anyways, its very close to what I need, and I will keep up with the releases, hopefully your development road-map will catch up to my wild fantasies.

Thanks for the help.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:50 am

I broadcast little league games for a small community access channel. One of the things we do is show the outs, balls, ect.. up on the screen.
The only problem I would have is that it requires an internet connection, which is something i don't have at many of the ball fields (rural areas mostly).
I am starting to understand your situation better., did not grasp intially you are talking about updateing some in game stadium screens. thought you were trying to broadcast remotely to somewhere else..

I will be direct, i would be very surprised if the niche feature you are talking about will ever make it high on FTM list.

If you are going to solve it, I think you will need to build off what exists now (you did use the non flash viewer, it has white background, and fairly large balls strikes and out text). I assume you have some way for a PC to talk to your screen and I would assume you have some cell coverage even in the remote area to get the iphone/ipad to pass info to your PC by local wifi or bluetooth or a cell plan.
CaptRR

Post by CaptRR » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:14 am

I figured that's the way it would be, neche players don't get much attention, for probably good reasons. I keep telling myself if I had the raw data, even text I could write something to parse it all out.

At this point I am considering intercepting the calls to iscorecast and trying to derive the info I need from that.

Oh well, I can dream.
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:17 pm

Have you considered something like a Google TV, a device designed to put the web up on a TV screen? If you can find one locally to demo you might be able to see if a scorecast looks OK or not.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:21 pm

We have actually intentionally made the iScorecasts look great on Google TVs.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
CaptRR

Post by CaptRR » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:33 pm

The problem ends up being one of flexibility. Problems like how big the text can be, or what background color to chromo out suddenly become bigger problems, when you are trying to scrape tv graphics. And then their are custom graphics, ect , ect. In the end it would probably be easier to write our own program.

iscore's a great app, but trying to shoehorn it into our application might be asking it to do too much.