Field postion "rest"

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
cherrybomb

Re: Field postion "rest"

Post by cherrybomb » Tue May 12, 2009 6:30 am

Sorry, replied to your email before this.

I'm not trying to be difficult. Really. I understand what you are saying now. I guess the thing is that for our league, the coaches are looking more at how often/when the girls pitched, than at their actual stats.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 12, 2009 7:43 am

We have stats right now for the # of batters faced and the number of balls/strikes/total pitches for each pitcher during a game (as well as cumulative statistics). The scorecard also shows every time a pitcher made an appearance in the game. What else would you like to see, and how would you like the data to be presented?
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
cherrybomb

Post by cherrybomb » Tue May 12, 2009 9:03 am

I feel like I'm hounding you on this, and that is not my attention. Firstly, I am basically totally unfamiliar with the stats, and don't know how to read a lot of the abbreviations.

The scorecard does not show each inning pitched, if they pitch more than one in a row. It can be assumed they pitched the following inning if they are not in another position, and once you check to make sure someone else did not pitch that inning. I am just used to the fact that on paper, I mark their position on the scorecard for every position.

I am not asking you to make this change, I was just gaining understanding on how the app worked, and I fear I did not express myself well to you. I think it is an excellent app, I just have to get used to it.

Off topic - a good reference site to learn what those stats are would be?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 12, 2009 9:19 am

Here is a link to Wikipedia that describes baseball statistics - what the abbreviations are, and what they mean:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_statistics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
cherrybomb

Post by cherrybomb » Tue May 12, 2009 9:33 am

Thankyou.
vachonpamela

Post by vachonpamela » Thu May 02, 2013 11:20 am

I am also very interested in this.

I coach a little league team in a league where we have a 5 run rule for each inning. I have used the Misc --> End Inning Function, but it is resulting in some games where, even though a pitcher has pitched 2 innings, they are not recorded as having pitched.

For the purposes of resting their arms, our league has pretty strict rules regarding innings pitched in a calendar week, and number of days of rest between games where they pitched a certain number of innings and when my score sheet shows a pitcher has only pitched 2 innings when in fact they pitched 3, it is causing issues. For the purposes of little league, our pitchers are considered as having pitched an inning if they throw even one pitch in that inning. I understand the technical definition of innings pitched, but I really need a way to account for the pitcher pitching those innings where the 5 run rule was used - even if the inning was ended with 0 outs.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Thu May 02, 2013 11:30 am

This is a very old thread. There are now stats for innings played, innings appeared and outs played by position.

http://iscoresports.com/data/legend.php?s=baseball2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
vachonpamela

Post by vachonpamela » Thu May 02, 2013 11:36 am

Can you please point me to the stat that will show me how many innings a pitcher has pitched in (not the IP stat, which does not count an inning if it is ended early because of the 5 run rule)?
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Thu May 02, 2013 11:47 am

vachonpamela wrote:Can you please point me to the stat that will show me how many innings a pitcher has pitched in (not the IP stat, which does not count an inning if it is ended early because of the 5 run rule)?
All of these relate to pitcher fielding:
PO1 - Putouts at Pitcher
A1 - Assists at Pitcher
Et1 - Throwing Errors at Pitcher
Ef1 - Fielding Errors at Pitcher
AP1 - Innings Appeared at Pitcher
OP1 - Out Played at Pitcher

Of those, I would think you would want AP1.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
or74guy

Post by or74guy » Tue May 28, 2013 11:55 am

Sorry to re-activate an old thread, but I can not find the correct answer to the question. When I look at AP1, it will not give me the correct "innings played" if no outs were recorded. Example, pitcher pitches one inning giving up five runs, but not recording an out. (Misc/end inning) Then pitches another inning and records one out. AP1 shows "1" for that player. (Although I could be doing something wrong!)

I need to be able to show how many innings a pitcher appeared, even if he only pitched a single pitch or no outs were recorded in the inning (five run rule). Right now I can not figure out how to see that stat.

P.S. New user, best program I have ever used (I go all the way back to some very old dos programing.) All the parents on the team love the iScoreCast!