names instead of numbers

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
twgoldwood

names instead of numbers

Post by twgoldwood » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:28 pm

we had a practice with some new players and it was hard to make subs for fielding because they had no numbers and I thought it would be a lot easier for this situation if you can choose to have maybe the first 2 or 3 letters of their first name instead of the shirt numbers.

what do you think?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: names instead of numbers

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:58 pm

We will add it to our list of enhancements for future updates. Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
sportsdoc

Post by sportsdoc » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Along those same (but opposite) lines...

There are times when I will scout a team and I don't have a lineup card to work from. Could I just enter the number and position on the fly as they come to the plate or I see them in the field? I guess what i'm asking is, Is there a way to start a game without entering all of the team information beforehand?

Doc
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:36 pm

The way to do it during the game is to create a fake roster with names like "Player 1", "Player 2", "Player 3" for the batters. After you start the game, you can go to the Lineup for the team, and change the name of the player once you have learned their name, and you can assign numbers as well.

You have to have the initial # of batters set prior to the game starting for this to work, so a dummy team is the way to go.

If you create a "dummy team" in team manager, you can just select the team when starting a new game.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs