Quick roster - Entering Opponent Player Numbers

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
caronna

Quick roster - Entering Opponent Player Numbers

Post by caronna » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:30 pm

Typically when setting up a team we are playing in a tournament, I use the create quick roster. The only thing I typically do is add the player numbers in the order of their lineup (names are not important). It would be nice if there was a more streamline way to quickly add the numbers to each player.

Since I'm only scoring little league, I have no interest in recording opponent player names. I would think this would be pretty common for other users.

Maybe a grid type of list where you can just go line by line adding/editing in the grid the player numbers and if batting, instead of having to edit each player. You currently have to edit the player, touch the number field, type the number, hit done and repeat. In a lot of cases, you don't get the opponent roster until a couple minutes before play starts, so it would help to speed up entry.

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Quick roster - Entering Opponent Player Numbers

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:36 pm

We will add this suggestion (quick way to do mass changes to the quick roster) to our enhancement list for future prioritization. Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:23 am

since you do not care about player names. you could just crate a generic opponent in team manager and use them each game.
caronna

Post by caronna » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:57 am

Although I don't care about the player names, I do want to capture the name of the team we are playing so a generic opponent wouldn't be an option.

Thanks for your input!
KevinRees

Post by KevinRees » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:08 am

You can edit the team name for a specific game in the game info screen. In the team manager, it will still have the generic "Opponent" name.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:03 am

caronna - as KevinRees said, you can keep the name the same in team manager and change the name for each specific game (can edit the default name in the game title (highlight title and retype) and you can edit the name that shows up on the game manager scoreboad, (scroll down in game info screen to game details, and edit home and visitor name).
caronna

Post by caronna » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:56 am

Ok, thanks, but I'm usually ok with having the team & players created (visually just count the players then use the quick roster while they are warming up).

The challenge I have though is with entering the player numbers when I get the opponent lineup 2 minutes before play begins. The original inquiry was for a faster (or more streamlined) way to get the player numbers updated.

Thanks for your reply...
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Getting the lineup late is a bummer for those who want the details in scorecard. I battle this a couple of ways.

1. I seek out the other teams scorer before the game and see if they are willing to trade lineups prior to the coaches meeting at the mound.

2. When step one fails I add the number to the lead off batter then look at the on deck circle and update that way while the batter digs in and the pitcher receives the signs.

Hope it helps.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:18 pm

... I typically do is add the player numbers in the order of their lineup...
i misunderstood, i thought you wanted to auto populate the player numbers generically 1,2,3,4,5 6,7,8,9,10 to correspond to their batting order.. player 1, batting in 1 slot, is numbr 1, player 2, batter 2, is number 2. etc.

I understand now not what you are saying. just want a different user input method to type in unigue player numbrs. Agree it seems like it would help, but we are talking less than 60 seconds. If i have a line up card, i can enter unigue numbers for a whole team in less than a minute (try it, time it, i have) . perhaps a different data entry screen would help cut that in half. but the real time issue and chaos is getting the numbers and typing in the names. . in fact you can enter the player numbers as you go.

all that said, i am sure FTM will put the idea on the want list...