MLB rosters and stats

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
AngelFan

MLB rosters and stats

Post by AngelFan » Tue May 05, 2009 1:16 pm

First of all I love your Application!

I used to use a product called Scorepad when I owned a Palm pilot. The thing I liked about scorepad was for an extra yearly subcription price I could download the rosters and stats for each MLB game I wanted to score. So as the game progressed the MLB players stats are updated and it shows the accumlative average right on my scoring device. That is really cool.

I now have an iphone and found your product at the application store. You guys seem very responsive to your customers. Good Job! Your product is pennies on the dollar compared to scorepads expensive product and subscriptions.

Compared to Scorepad I find iscore a little cumbersome to mess with compiling the roster, but it seems like your working on making it easier to use. I mean I can't arrive at the ball park or in front of my TV set at the last moment and score a game.. I'll need to fill out the roster, etc. or have at least 15 mins or so to get ready or I'm not able to keep up.

I would love to see the box score hits and runs and LOB on the main screen if possible.
I love how with iscore you get to see previous batters spray chart with hits and outs and recap.. This is superior to what scorepad currently does.

Scorepad has a release coming out for the iphone shortly. But I'm staying with your product if you can get us the downloads/Stats for MLB. I'm willing to pay for these subscriptions as I'm confident other users would as well.

Keep up the good work guys,

Go Halos!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: MLB rosters and stats

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Thank you for the feedback AngelsFan. We are going to be looking at expanding the product our to have similar capabilities (download MLB rosters) in the future. It is not our highest priority as we are really started the product being focused on youth leagues, high schools, colleges, etc... that are underrepresented with scoring applications right now, but there is no reason iScore could not be used for MLB as well (in fact, we know many customers have been doing so, and adding the ability to download the rosters would help with that).

If you can think of anything else that iScore does not have compared to the solution you are using on other devices, please let us know.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Tue May 05, 2009 2:48 pm

AngelFan,

I score MLB games and when I know I am going to a game, I get the roster from the team website before I go. I know this doesn't help if you attend a game spur of the moment (as I did last year when I attended my first game at Angel Stadium), but that is a good place to get all the information before you go.

Ben
jaypb

Post by jaypb » Thu May 07, 2009 7:20 am

I'd like to second that request. I use this when I go to games, and prefer this to paper, but it takes a lot of time to enter the MLB rosters, especially for the visiting team at each game. Please let me know when this feature is available. Thanks! :roll:
EagleDad

Post by EagleDad » Thu May 07, 2009 9:12 am

I would like this feature as well!

Thanks! :D
Isles7400

Post by Isles7400 » Thu May 07, 2009 8:04 pm

Add me to the list for MLB rosters...
sn0gun

Post by sn0gun » Fri May 08, 2009 10:12 pm

Not just MLB, I would love to be able to download OUR rosters. There are several league applications like sportability.com that have complete rosters. Or if you do your gamecast it would be GREAT to be able to set up teams with a full size keyboard!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat May 09, 2009 12:39 am

We are definitely going to be creating a web-based interface for managing your own rosters... it is much easier to type on a full size keyboard than on any portable device. This is pretty high on our priority list.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
dmallo

Post by dmallo » Sat May 09, 2009 11:20 pm

I ewndorse this proposal to simlify adding rosters comparable to Scorepad. Although easy to use, you need to add players in advance of the game.

Don
dmallo

Post by dmallo » Sat May 09, 2009 11:20 pm

I endorse this proposal to simlify adding rosters comparable to Scorepad. Although easy to use, you need to add players in advance of the game.

Don