Batting Average Enhancements

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Tickerme

Batting Average Enhancements

Post by Tickerme » Sun May 23, 2010 5:42 pm

The following enhancements would be useful:

1) Batting average based on the pitch count. For example, BA when the count is 2-0, and then 2-1, etc.

2) Batting average based on the location of the pitch in the strike zone. For example, if the strike zone is divided into 9 squares (3 rows and 3 columns), display what the batter's batting average is based on each of the 9 zones.

Great app!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Batting Average Enhancements

Post by FTMSupport » Sun May 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. This is really starting to get into "analytics", and if/when we start expanding into that area, we will certainly be including these options.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
dtkreutz

Post by dtkreutz » Mon May 24, 2010 1:02 pm

Just a comment from a dummy... I like the concept of iScore, and get very nervous as things evolve to iStat. If there is a way to hide all these new stats people are asking for, I'd opt for that.
As simple as the program is, it is still pretty daunting to just score a game as an interested parent (also dealing water bottles, uniforms and siblings.)
I know baseball has a tradition of stats, but if we can keep the data entry/scoring as simple and uncluttered as possible, that would make me happy. A separate portion of the app for analytics, or a desktop companion app to really crunch the numbers could be un-obtrusive.
Dave
iPhone + iPad iScore.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 24, 2010 2:07 pm

That is essentially what we would try and do dtkreutz --- we do not want to confuse the two things as we know there are many people just like you that are using iScore for its primary purpose - scoring a game. So if/when we do get into analytics, it would not be something that would interfere with the core scoring functionality at all.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs