Enhancements to iScore

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
zwheeloc

Enhancements to iScore

Post by zwheeloc » Wed May 02, 2018 7:36 am

I mainly use iScore to score MLB games. It is really good. I am still learning a few things. Had one play last night during the Boston Red Sox vs. Kansas City Royals which was called a Catchers Balk. I guess a balk is a balk whatever happens... the runners advance...

A couple of things which I would like to see

A way to edit plays after the fact. I accidentally scored a wrong out and did not realize it under a few innings later. I could not change the out to a caught stealing which ended the inning. I would like to have each batters results be a record which could be expanded when selected and then edit the results of that at bat. If the results cause for others results to come out of whack, then iScore should display the next batter and corrections should be made until desired result.

Instead of having a full line of balls, strikes, outs, etc for each pitch, can you just have the batter and then all the pitches and results under?
For instance, instead of

B. (9) #4 Alex Gordon P. #32 Matt Barnes
Away 1 Home 3 Inn ^ 9. Outs 1 0-0

Ball 1

Away 1 Home 3 Inn ^ 9. Outs 1 0-0

Strike 1

Can you have it like this?

Away 1 Home 3 Inn ^ 9. Outs 1

Ball 1 1-0
Strike 1 1-1
#4 Alex Gordon hits a medium line drive for a single

And then the ability to edit those lines individually? I am aware of the issue of plays happening without a hit or out of a batter, but maybe put those at the end of the line of the result lines of the lines that cause a hit or steal...

I find it difficult to read the running results. I am not sure if the Away Home Inn Outs line is the beginning or end of the result. A little delineation of the boxes make it clearer.

Make the Game Manager more like the messages in iPad. Swipe to the left to reveal Delete and other options like mail or messages.

The Misc button when pressed seems a little out of character with the rest of the program. When pressed, it should be in the same style as the rest of the program (like when you press In Play).

Is the pitch location box configurable to show and not show? I do not use that much from where I sit at Fenway Park, so I cannot see the pitches. Would like to give the extra real estate to the results box.

I really love the app and look forward to using it more in the future to score the games. Now, if I can only remember to bring my portable charger and not run out of battery in the middle of the 9th inning....