Batting status

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
sulcebar

Batting status

Post by sulcebar » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:57 am

A humble suggestion from a newbie...For teams whose lineups change often, changing the batting status of a player to ensure 9 (or however many) batters is a bit inconvenient if you don't have a lot of time to set lineups. Perhaps this would help:

* eliminate batting status from the Team Manager Roster function. Make it part of the in-game lineup.
* Add a "Number of batters" field in Game Manager (numerical; or 9, 10, & all roster list)=N
*When game lineups are entered in Score Game, automatically set batting status for the 1st N positions.

I may be totally off base...if so, pick me off! ;)
Last edited by sulcebar on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
OhioTex

Re: Batting status

Post by OhioTex » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:19 am

maybe taking a lead off base.. but not picked off..

the game manager line up screen does allow you to editing bat or not in game manager vs team manager already. In fact depending on the type of league (bat all or bat 9). I set it once in team manager and then forget it. use game manager for day to day line ups.

for a league that bats all, i set everyone in my Team Manager roster to bat. then in game manager, for each game, i just add or delete (more common) players. (would have to do this even if you had default set to bat all = N)

for a league that bats only 9, (or N). I set in team manager all to OUT, no bat, and then i do as you suggest and edit them one by one in game set up, initial line up screen that starts for each game. I agree I have to do this 9 times, and a button that says, toggle first X to bat would save 9 to N keystrokes, and be handy, but their are many other feature requests, I would like to see first... but one i hope FTM puts on the consideration list for later...
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:00 am

Thank you for the suggestion.
sulcebar

Post by sulcebar » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:05 am

OhioTex - I like your practice of defaulting the team to batting=NO and OUT...a clean slate is easier to deal with than having to go through the whole lineup looking for changes. My roster has expanded due to Varsity / JV shuffling.
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:51 am

Well, as long as it's an option, because that would be a lot of extra work for me.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:19 am

We would never make a drastic change like this to existing functionality. Sweeping changes like this would always be optional / settings based.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:14 am

amen - absolutely a preference option (at best) (jcbeckman- I too would cry if we made it a default).