Detailed Pitch-by-Pitch for NON-outs (future.feature.request)

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
randy21m

Detailed Pitch-by-Pitch for NON-outs (future.feature.request)

Post by randy21m » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:47 am

Currently iScore viewing looks like this in the Pitch-by-Pitch:

1. John Smith hits a single

If the hit results in an out, you get a bit more detail like this:

2. John Smith flys out to SS Jane Doe

It would be nice for fans (and coaches for easy review), to see the additional successful Hit details. For example, in the above Hit scenario John Smith hit a hard ground build out to LF. So iScore would populate something like this instead:

3. John Smith hits a hard ground ball to LF Jim Doe
or
4. John Smith hits a medium fly ball to CF Burt Reynolds

iScore already tracks this info, so I would think it would be easy to adjust the data aggregate that's populating the feed to be similar to how the Outs are populating in the feed. Other scoring systems do this already, and I know that fans (parents) love to see the kids names pop up on the play.

Thank you for your consideration.
OhioTex

Re: Detailed Pitch-by-Pitch for NON-outs

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:32 am

great suggestion, this comes up periodically it seems, and have been posted on before (dating back to at least 2012. ) I want to echo my support Especially for HIT PLAYS.

IMHO Extra description should most definitely be added for any ball in play especially hit plays, (single, double, triple and HR) there should be some textual description to indicate relative direction/location and type of hit, if info is available. (the graphic display of hit location on scorecast is nice, but it goes away) . Ideally description would also include who handled the ball in the field (Parents/grandparents etc, love to see little johnny's name mentioned, even on routine balls, not just errors) .. it should be textually described and available in pitch by pitch, as well as play by play and ISCOCECAST (webcast and central viewer app) .

this is very useful and expected information for the viewing Fan, scorekeeper, the coach and the player.

IMHO - it is an expected standard for webcasts if benchmarking against MLB and GC for years. and in my view, Iscore is just behind on this.

Here are just a few historical references to this same idea I found posted on forum with a quick search

HSScorekeeper wrote:4) the pitch by pitch report would include where the hits went to. Currently, it states, that a player "hits a medium grounder for a single." It would be nice if it says "hits a medium grounder to left field for a single."
source: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11314&p=45990&hilit ... ast#p45990

OhioTex wrote: Was watching MLB game cast playoff tonight , and (another version last week) and notice they both describe where a ball is hit and name the fielder , on non out routine plays ( for youth sports, parents / grand parents like to see their kid name )

Example
MLB
Mike Napoli singles line drive to right fielder Wil Myers.

While Iscoreecast
Mike Napoli singles.

Both MLB and iscorecast name players involved in outs
Example
Stephen drew Grounds out softly to pitcher alex Cobb

( I would be VERY open to advance scoreing option (toggle) that has you tap the fielders who handled the ball ( on a non out play) to enable iScorecast to know who to report.. Could take it to the next level and capture a stat to note players handled x number of balls in play)..
Source: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8136&p=35565#p35565

similar request dating back to 2012
mbcowan wrote:Unless I am missing something, there does not seem to be a way of seeing the location/details of a specific hit after it has been recorded (other than by watching the archived Scorecast).
source: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5349&p=24132&hilit= ... ast#p24132
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1