more enhancement requests after 1.50

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
heroes

more enhancement requests after 1.50

Post by heroes » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:01 am

here we go!
The current version already is so amazing.
You guys should seriously consider charging more if that makes sense to pay for all your hard work because I would pay more.

Now the application is quite solid and in a way, you may get more requests since there should be more users by now..... I hope you don't get sick of us! ;-)

1. On the cumulative stats, can we high light the team leading numbers for each stat category?

2. On the socorcard, would it be possible to have a slightly darker/colored backfround on every other colum such as on the stat sheet for a clear read?

3 . On the same note, using a defferent shade for the visotors/home lineup to distinguish more clearly.

4. At the end of the game on the final stat, indicating winning/losing pitcher, save, HR, RBI(maybe?), Name of Ball Park, and maybe create a section where you can write a game summery yourself. --I know someone mentioned this one partially already...This was one thing the other baseball app(BB Scorecard) had. I know this is already on your list

5. Keeping stats for one team through multiple scorers(iphones).----- sorry about the repeated mention but since you have an export and import option already to upload the data to the webspace already, if another iphone can import the same data, that'll do the job isn't it? Maybe users create the user and password or something so only people on the same team can import the data from another phone?

6. Score correction after the game---I know it is on your list already

I believe you have most of these already on your list but maybe hearing from more users may bump up some of these to higher priorities!

Anyhow, ths application is already by far the best on the market.
I just wrote a good review with 5 starts too on the few Iphone app websites!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: more enhancement requests after 1.50

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:13 am

Thank you Heroes - as you mentioned, several of these requests are already on our enhancement list, but we will be sure to add the ones that are not so we can prioritize.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
rbrinsure

Post by rbrinsure » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:20 pm

This update solves a lot of issues and substitutions that come up so often in MLB. Is it possible to better distinguish a PH vs. a defensive sub or just a pitching change? When you see the scorecard view it shows the inning that the sub occured but does not distinguish what it was. Also on the same note does it recognise the fact the player is out of the game and cannot be reinserted? I know this is not always the case, but can their be an option for MLB rules?

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:43 pm

We will add the suggestion as actually marking a player as "PH" as an enhancement request for a future release. We debated this when we put the feature in, and it really comes down to who is doing the scoring. If a coach is scoring, it may be clear that it is just a pinch hitter. As a "viewer" of the game, all you may know is that somebody is batting for another player, and you don't actually know it is a pinch hitter vs. a double switch until the team goes back on defense. We are trying to account for both scenarios.

As for not allowing a player back in a game, as you mentioned, there are many people using iScore (youth leagues) that do allow players to reenter games. We are really trying to make iScore allow all possibilities for scoring, and really not trying to make it "enforce rules". We are doing things to help people enforce rules (like keeping track of pitch counts), but the only thing we are trying to make sure of is that we do not block people from doing things rules allow, not preventing things that rules don't allow.

Does that make any sense?

Thank you for the feedback as everything we hear from customers helps make this a better product.
EagleDad

Post by EagleDad » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:58 pm

More requests :D if they have not been previously requsted

1) sort order for teams, either alphabetically or adjustable like lineups
2) change the name of previosly scored games

This app is hands down the best!

Thanks for all the hard work!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:05 pm

Ordering of teams is already done and part of the next release.

We should be able to add changing of the game name for previously scored games as well.

Thank you.