iPad 1) "FORCE OUT" Not Asking for Fielders involved & 2) D3S PB WP Credits (future.feature.request)

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Tacho47

Re: How to score?

Post by Tacho47 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:12 pm

OhioTex wrote:So you are doing the exact same thing on FORCE OUT as TAG OUT and one gets you the " Touch Each Positions that ..." .screen and one not..
YES!
OhioTex wrote: Try for ERROR CAUGHT STEALING , PICKED OFF .. all 5 should give the " Touch Each Positions that ..." .screen
I DO get the "Touch each Position that..." screen on CAUGHT STEALING and PICKED OFF. Guess, this is due to the fact of a "Tag Play"-Situation
Same goes for ERROR (but then i previously had to tap "SAFE"). An ERROR-Out is not available on the question "What happened to the Runner, that was on .... Base"
Tacho47

Post by Tacho47 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:47 pm

As i stated before, i use an IPhone 6 Plus and an IPad (Model: MD792FD/A) to score baseball and softball games.

The above scenario I scored with the IPad only!

After entering the test-scenario-game on the IPad i exported the database, logged into my account and copied the database to the Iphone 6 Plus device.

NOW:
On the IPhone i entered the test-game and moved on with the third strike. Believe it or not, but on the IPhone i DO get the "Touch each Position that..." screen AFTER the "Force Out" choice!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed May 31, 2017 5:26 am

This is a long thread and took a couple lengthy turns in troubleshooting..before it was discovered iPhone and iPad versions handle differently. along the way discovered couple issues. for anyone reading along, May make more sense to read backwards..

#1 @ support - in a fielders choice situation, on iPhone, iScore provides the "Touch Each Position ..." screen after OUT > FORCE OUT buttons pressed ( iPhone using iScore v5.011 and v5.020.) . on iPad , iScore does not provide the "Touch Each Position ..." screen after OUT > FORCE OUT buttons pressed ( iPad using v5.011 and v5.020) on Android ( v4.51) ) it does on the original situation described but not on all situations.

The different behavior seems like a bug, I would expect the programs to behave the same on all platforms (iPhone, iPad and Android).
  • This is not limited to the specific use case that started this thread (bases loaded, 2out, D3S Safe scenario). It is broader as i could repeat on every OUT > FORCE OUT sequence i tried on the iPAD and iPhone. the simplest Fielders choice scenario to illustrate the difference is simply (0 out, R1, in play, hit single, What happen to runner at first?, Out, force out..) Android and iPad do not ask for fielder, iphone does. on the use case that started this thread (bases loaded, 2out, D3S Safe scenario). iphone and android ask for fielder but iPad does not. ( Game Settings does not seem to matter, happens equally despite, default settings, or advance scoring, minimize questions, light and dark skin or hit location )

#2 @ support - A Secondary potential concern emerged in this dialog regarding stat treatment on a Safe D3 Strike Which may or may not be a bug (depending on Rule interpretation)
  • in iScorre, Currently Passed balls are being credited to catcher when a batter is Safe on a drop third strike (or wild pitch third strike) when an out is made on another runner. @Tacho47 made a good case the program should not credit a PB on catcher (or WP on pitcher) when the batter is safe and an out made on another runner, especially the lead runner in a third out situation. I am researching further the proper rule interpretation I am sure you will conduct your own research and if in agreement, consider changing for future update. correcting this "over credit" of Passed Balls (and wild pitches). Again this is a secondary concern with respect to item #1 above
  • Update: Upon further research, tach 47 surfaced a good point. iScore does not seem to have an easy way to handle Safe Third Strike situations where neither PB/WP should be credited, as such I posted an Enhancement Request in a separate thread for supports attention on the stat treatment. I am including this paragraph here for completeness to this thread.. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11950
Last edited by OhioTex on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1