Request to Make More Prominent Advance Error Question: "Would Player Have Been Out?" (future.feature.request)

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
tivonut

Request to Make More Prominent Advance Error Question: "Would Player Have Been Out?" (future.feature.request)

Post by tivonut » Mon May 08, 2017 12:55 pm

That all sounds reasonable. And while I'm thinking about it, not totally related to this issue. iScore asks in some instances "Would this player have been out?" yes/no to help more accurately track ERA. This may be more of a personal preference, but I wish that question were more prominent or perhaps popped up more directly forcing a choice. In the rush to score I often forget to answer that and of course that affects the ERA in some cases.

Thanks for the help.
OhioTex

Re: Incorrectly showing out in description of play

Post by OhioTex » Wed May 10, 2017 7:00 am

Note: thread moved to stand alone topic as it is significantly different than the Fielder's Choice discussion originally posted here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11824.

@ support - I am confident support will pick this idea up and put on their list for future consideration and prioritization.

@tivonut .. IMO the Advance error questions is easy to miss as you are accustom to answering things on lower half of screen. that said, I think it has low likely hood of getting changed, and something you just need to train your self to try and remember and use. One thing i found that may not be obvious and contributing to your perceived 'missing/forgetting' depends on how you are using "Same Error" vs "Error" . Same Error does not bring up the prompt. Here is a thread on that topic. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11195&p=45458#p45458

that said, I find even with "advance scorekeeping" enabled, correct usage of "Same Error" and "Error", and perfect answering of advance question "would player X have been out yes|no?" it helps some, but does not solve all situations. So when i miss the question, I do not feel bad as i find when i really need my stats to be "perfect", I manually review any innings with errors. (recreate in my mind what would happen with errorless play and no passed balls). Most the time iScore is correct. but sometimes i have to go in and edit/over ride stats. But IT IS of comfort to know, in play by play edit, you can go back and answer the "advance would player have been out yes/no question". So although you may miss in scoring first time through, as long as you have the option enabled, you can correct post game.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1