Girls Fastpitch "LBE-Left Base Early" / "DNT - Did Not Tag"

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Coacheng

Girls Fastpitch "LBE-Left Base Early" / "DNT - Did Not Tag"

Post by Coacheng » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:20 am

Although I just was introduced to iscore-baseball, I have no issues of the term BASEBALL as a girls fastpitch coach for over 15 years, of which I have used another version of this program every year and am excited to start using ISCORE this season. However I have a stat issue that I wish you could implement for us "FAST PITCH" user's.

On a fly ball caught with runners on base. The runner takes off before the touch of the catch (by the way I also am a Umpire, so verbage is always a key) and does not get back to the base before the defenseive player touches the base for the out.

Now, the iscore says to score it as Left Base Early, conflict... the player "Did Not Tag-up"-"DNT"
In the world of Fastpitch softball the term "Left Base Early" refers to when a player is called out on a deadball infraction of leaving the base prior to the ball leaving (Release of the pitchers hand) the pitchers hand on the delivery of the pitch or in some recreation/babe-ruthleagues, prior to the ball crossing the home plate.

Why is this wording important? Because when you look at the score book and see LBE, you assume that the player left prior to the pitch. If you saw DNT you assume the player didn't tag up on a caught fly ball.

Two different stats in the Fastpitch world and would not interfere with iscore creating a tab "DNT" on the out selection.

Although this will not preclude me from utilizing this application it would go a long way in promoting your product by word of mouth throughout the fastpitch nation, as this is how I heard of iscore and also am becoming a huge supportor of it by spreading the word to other coaches, parents and leagues.

Thank you for the opportunity to express our needs for iscore-baseball

Coach Eng
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Girls Fastpitch "LBE-Left Base Early" / "DNT - Did Not Tag"

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:33 am

Left Base Early is actually intended or the Softball case (our developers have daughters that play fast pitch softball as well). The case of a runner not tagging up should just be entered as a Force Out. Some people will continue to use Left Base Early in the case of a runner being forced out on a pop up, but the real use case is as you noted.
OhioTex

Re: Girls Fastpitch "LBE-Left Base Early" / "DNT - Did Not Tag"

Post by OhioTex » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:36 am

confusion on the intention of the "left base early" (LBE) out button has come up a number of times in the forum.. perhaps, if not already, the addition of a "failed to tag up" (DNT) out button, could be aded to the wish list for prioritization.. (what ever the official language and abbreviation are for "runner failing to 'retouch' his base after a fair or foul ball is legally caught before he, or his base, is tagged by a fielder" ) .. I expect both youth baseball and softball could benefit from the distinction being present and having two out descriptions....