League-specific settings (future.feature.request)

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
bkmartin26

League-specific settings (future.feature.request)

Post by bkmartin26 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:51 am

Any thought given to allowing you to set the game settings (innings, etc) through the league setup? It makes sense in that a league generally follows a uniform set of rules that apply to all games played in that league.

Brien
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: League-specific settings

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:35 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. One problem with doing this is a "league" is really just a way to group data the way things currently work. A single game / team / player could belong to multiple "leagues" which could bring conflicts. We will consider ways to make things easier in the future however.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
bkmartin26

Post by bkmartin26 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:03 pm

One possibility would be to match the league with a specific game. When you go into the game setup, you select a league. The app then populates the game setup with that league's rules, which apply only to that game. When a team is in multiple leagues, each game they play would be compiled using the set of rules in play for each league, but the stats should accumulate separately.

Brien
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:17 am

Perhaps something like "Settings Groups" (separate from Leagues) that can be Pre Set, saved and applied to a game (pre or post game) or to a group of games ( post game )

one scenario i run into is i score baseball and softball games and forget sometimes to change game settings like pitching distance and softball-baseball toggle (impacts player graphic on iscorecast ) , these do not really change the scoring flow and i can see being applied pre or post game, but i can see where some may not be able to be changed (eg. outs per inning as it is integral to scoring flow.) As original user posted, Number of innings another one that changes.. 9 or 7 or 6 for example.

Not sure how i would suggest implementing but i would highly recommend keeping separate from Leagues. Technically because leagues were designed with a many to many relationship, and game team player grouping logic that likely will not necessarily coincide 1:1 with Settings group to a game relationship. practically, since leagues have been around since version 1, are more than enough to keep straight as is, and right or wrong are ingrained in most users history, and data base, I would just stay clear of timing leagues and settings together .

Perhaps a design could be .. " Settings Manager" Menu, similar to "League Manager", (alternatively a choice under OPTIONS Menu) .. you enter settings menu, there is a default setting group, but you can edit it and "save as" additional setting group names (eg coach pitch, mens softball, fast pitch, MLB baseball, HS baseball, Little league etc ). , then tap a list of games to assign to each setting group - like in league manager today. then similar under team manager, each team would have a Settings row, like league and roster, (behave more like roster in that assign a group setting default to a team that gets confirmed on game start, and saved by game when game starts,... . game info screen gets a settings group row like league to show what is applied. Ideally this could be changed post game. (some options may get grayed out as non changeable after game start, (eg outs per inning?) some may be changeable. eg softball/baseball toggle )
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1