Suggestions for enhancements (future.feature.request)

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
HSScorekeeper

Suggestions for enhancements (future.feature.request)

Post by HSScorekeeper » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:01 pm

First of all, I want you to know that I believe iScore is a great tool and it has really been very helpful for the select teams as well as the high school team that I officially score for. This is my 8th season to use iScore and I often recommend iScore to other scorekeepers.

I just have some suggestions for enhancements to make the product even better. It would be great if:
1) iScore has the ability to import rosters from game changer

2) the pitching stats for each game would show the number of pitches pitched per inning for each pitcher; Our coach likes to track if the pitcher is "laboring." That means, pitching more than 25 pitches per inning. Of course, I can always divide the total pitches by the innings but usually in the heat of the moment, he wants to know how many pitches did he pitch the last inning? That could be the 5th or 3rd inning, etc.

3) the team stats would show the number of games played in each defensive position

4) the pitch by pitch report would include where the hits went to. Currently, it states, that a player "hits a medium grounder for a single." It would be nice if it says "hits a medium grounder to left field for a single."

5) the pitch by pitch report can be formatted in such a way that it prints less pages (yes, I do know there is the Play by Play report as well from the website) but the pitch by pitch includes information as to who threw to whom for the out.

6)the play by play report from the website includes how outs were made. Currently, it states if a player grounded out but it does not include info such as "on the throw form the shortstop to the first baseman." This info is on the pitch by pitch, however that report has too many pages. The play by play report also currently prints out similar info on the reached on errors. It would be great if it includes the same info for the hits.

7) if the play by play and pitch by pitch would state every player involved in a double play. Currently, the play by play report does not name any of the players while the pitch by pitch only states the first player involved. It would be great if the reports would state something along these lines, batter “hit a line drive to the second baseman for an out who threw to the shortstop for the forced out at 2nd…”

8) the website has the ability to remember my user ID

9) on a triple play (yes, it actually happened this past high school season), I can enter more information about who did what. For example, our second baseman caught a line drive in the air, stepped on the second base bag for a forced out and threw to 3rd for another forced out. Since only two players were involved, iScore did not assign the assists and put outs properly, no matter how I entered what happened. I ended up having to edit the number of assists and put outs to properly credit them to the players.
(Just FYI, I made suggestions 4-8 because I send the play by play and pitch by pitch reports to our high school head coach after each game. It would be nice if he can see exactly what happened from the reports without also having to refer to the scorecards. Also, for people viewing the live iscorecasts, it would be great for them to “see” how, for example, a double play occurred.)

Thank you for listening.
OhioTex

Re: Suggestions for enhancements

Post by OhioTex » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:31 am

Nice feedback..

Support will pick up suggestions..and add to consideration lists

However, there are some things I notice that may be able to help you short term

Due to Length will reply in chunks
(Pardon typos)
HSScorekeeper wrote:
1) iScore has the ability to import rosters from game changer
Good idea.. But doubt that will happen. Companies too different. Understand the challanges of entering names, numbers, position on the fly. But don't expect this to happen
HSScorekeeper wrote:
2) the pitching stats for each game would show the number of pitches pitched per inning for each pitcher; Our coach likes to track if the pitcher is "laboring." That means, pitching more than 25 pitches per inning. Of course, I can always divide the total pitches by the innings but usually in the heat of the moment, he wants to know how many pitches did he pitch the last inning? That could be the 5th or 3rd inning, etc.
There is an inning recap feature already but you are right it does not show up in the 'stats'

Inning recap Icon (i) located on bottom tool bar on tablets. On iPhone flick the header section to get to recap and notes. on android phone from the tools button (with notes, recap, Send tweet, stats, scorecard..)

Inning Recap - shows summaries by half inning after a half inning has completed. You can see runs scored, LOB totals, pitch counts, etc.

HSScorekeeper wrote:
3) the team stats would show the number of games played in each defensive position
Do you have all fielding stats enabled.?
It currently provides , games played in field (G) and by position ... innings appeared (AP#), and outs played (OP#).. # is defensive position 1-9

It also shows put outs assists errors and fielding percentage by position

HSScorekeeper wrote: 4) the pitch by pitch report would include where the hits went to. Currently, it states, that a player "hits a medium grounder for a single." It would be nice if it says "hits a medium grounder to left field for a single."
Like the idea of more verbose descriptions

As the program expands beyond its initial focus of scoring and stats to 'broadcasting' for remote viewers. The extra information would be helpful in describing what happened and then capture in play by play and pitch by pitch .

For those that like as is and those that want more descriptive . Could create a toggle option for "verbose" pitch by pitch and verbose play by play for scorecast
HSScorekeeper wrote: 5) the pitch by pitch report can be formatted in such a way that it prints less pages (yes, I do know there is the Play by Play report as well from the website) but the pitch by pitch includes information as to who threw to whom for the out.
Pitch by pitch by email is a nicely formatted HTML and saves paper. Never tried to print
HSScorekeeper wrote:
6)the play by play report from the website includes how outs were made. Currently, it states if a player grounded out but it does not include info such as "on the throw form the shortstop to the first baseman." This info is on the pitch by pitch, however that report has too many pages. The play by play report also currently prints out similar info on the reached on errors. It would be great if it includes the same info for the hits.
I am not fully tracking the question/ recommendation here..

I would suggest that pitch by pitch will always be longer than play by play. As it needs to get down to the lowest 'editable' level. But both should be available from device and should be aligned.
HSScorekeeper wrote: 7) if the play by play and pitch by pitch would state every player involved in a double play. Currently, the play by play report does not name any of the players while the pitch by pitch only states the first player involved. It would be great if the reports would state something along these lines, batter “hit a line drive to the second baseman for an out who threw to the shortstop for the forced out at 2nd…”
Again, like the idea of A toggle option for 'verbose' play by play and iscorecast setting . Then have actual player names also included. Line drive to RF, Jon Smith, or ground ball to SS, Bill jones, to second basemen , Bob James.

This feature is not about traditional stats and scoring but the increase use of program as a broadcast tool for remote watchers .. important for viewers of games ..Mom and dad like to see .
HSScorekeeper wrote: 8) the website has the ability to remember my user ID
I assume you mean the ADMIN web site my.iscorecentral.com

That would be nice.

However, if you register (home screen : options > register) to an email address, you can use your email user name instead of device ID That is hard to remember

HSScorekeeper wrote: 9) on a triple play (yes, it actually happened this past high school season), I can enter more information about who did what. For example, our second baseman caught a line drive in the air, stepped on the second base bag for a forced out and threw to 3rd for another forced out. Since only two players were involved, iScore did not assign the assists and put outs properly, no matter how I entered what happened. I ended up having to edit the number of assists and put outs to properly credit them to the players.
Tripple play entry can get stats correct currently
Bases loaded no outs..

Out > line dive > 4-4-4 > out third TRIPPLE PLAY > out second TRIPPLE PLAY

The key is Tripple play button

That will give second basemen 2 put outs and an assist an a participate in Tripple play stat.
Third basemen a put out

As Tripple plays are rare, I would write an English description in notes .

There is a known bug in Tripple play on the score card. The sequence of outs will not be correct.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
HSScorekeeper

Post by HSScorekeeper » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:57 pm

Thanks for your response.

I just want to clarify two things regarding suggestions I mentioned in my previous post:

Suggestion number 3: Yes, I am aware that on the team stats you can see total games played defensively but I do not see the number of games played per defensive position. For example for player John Smith, 3 Games as catcher and 5 games as first baseman. I am also aware that I can find putouts, assists, throwing errors, etc. per position. It even has innings appeared at the positions but not games at the positions.

Suggestion number 5: I do not actually print the reports on paper. For brevity's sake, I stated print but what I mean is that the html has too many pages. Actually, I "print" the report to pdf which has the same number of pages. It would be great if it can be formatted to use less space/fewer pages.

Suggestion number 6: Currently, the play by play report states something like this: "John Smith: Ball, strike, Ground out." I would like it to say, "John Smith: Ball, Strike, Ground out on the throw from the shortstop to the first baseman."

Thank you for your consideration.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:49 pm

Yep on3. just wanted to be sure you had the by position fielding stats enabled

Where # is position ..
There is innings appeared AP#
There is outs played OP#

but no games played GP#
Just games played in G
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php