Fielding stats request....

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
equa2

Fielding stats request....

Post by equa2 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Greetings,

Fielding stats would be great. I would probably give up paper stats if this feature were implemented. Keep up the GREAT work!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Fielding stats request....

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:15 pm

We have had a couple requests for fielding stats.

Here are the fielding stats we can likely provide right now based on the data we collect:

GP - Games Played
GS - Games Started
INN - Innings
TC - Total Chances (PO + A + E)
PO - Put Outs
A - Assists
E - Errors
F% - Fielding Percentage = (PO + A) / (PO + A + E)

Is there anything else people are looking for with fielding stats?
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:22 am

Another defensive stat could be:

Steals and Steal Attempts assigned to catcher.
lattelady

Post by lattelady » Mon May 04, 2009 6:35 pm

I'd like to be able to differentiate between fielding and throwing errors. Also, can you add a stat for 1st pitch being a strike? (I know that isn't a fielding stat...sorry, also sorry if you already have it. I haven't actually scored a game yet, only done some testing).

I'm excited about this app! I used my Treo for years and still have it just to score bb. I've been wanting an iPhone app. Thank you!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 04, 2009 7:59 pm

We will add your requests for distinguishing between fielding and throwing errors and keeping a "1st pitch strike" stat to our list of enhancement requests.

Thank you.
dennisehle

Post by dennisehle » Wed May 06, 2009 10:39 am

This is a deal killer for me - defensive stats are the last tie to paper scorekeeping. I would be 100% satisfied with the standard stats suggested at the top of this thread.

Any idea on when this feature would be available?

Great App!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 06, 2009 11:57 am

Defensive stats are not part of the upcoming release (submitted to App store today). We may put them in with the next release. If not, they should make the following release. We have been having a new release every few weeks.

It adds another level of data gathering to get defensive stats right, and we need to make sure we do not burden people who are not interested in tracking defensive stats.

What we will probably wind up doing is having an option where you turn defensive stat tracking on. When you do that, after each defensive play, it will ask you specific questions when needed to gather all data to track defensive plays with statistics in mind. There are several situations we will need to account for that are not quite as obvious as a 6-4-3 double play.

For example, with infield fly rule, if the ball is dropped, the person that "should" have caught it is still given the put out. There are many strange rules we will have to account for. Not as complicated as ERA calculations, but still a significant amount of work for a much smaller percentage of the user base.

We definitely want to do it, but we want to make sure we are spending the majority of our time with each release on things that will impact the most users. We will always reserve some time for the items that effect fewer people as well, but it is a balancing act.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sun May 10, 2009 7:29 am

- I score little league baseball and softball, and would like to add a very very heavy vote for the ability to notate defensive fielding information on a given play. (the biggest miss i felt when i first started using this very good program). Miss the ability to enter even the simplest defensive notation e.g., 8-6-1 center field hit relayed by short stop into pitcher to stop the play would be helpful. agree this can/should be an optional input. and know it can get very complicated, but suggest you can start very simple by just allowing an optional fielding entry screen on a hit, like you do in fielders choice already, (so nominal new coding ). over time can add the more sophisticated things mentioned, including fielded clean, bobbled, dropped, in field fly issues, thrown clean, missed catch, bobbled catch, etc. etc.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
EYOCoach

Post by EYOCoach » Tue May 12, 2009 10:44 am

As a little league coach, I am loving this app!! Sports plus math is great (I'm a roto geek, too). Add the ability to do game stats on my iphone and I'm thrilled!

Put me down as one more who would very much like to track defensive stats. It can serve as a great teaching tool to share that info. And, when kids know you're tracking that number, too, they pay just as much attention to their glove as they do to their bat.

Thanks and keep the updates coming! :D
dgarcia9411

Post by dgarcia9411 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:50 pm

I am a high school coach who keeps tracks of the stats for our team. I really love this app however, I would love to see the fielding stats as part of this app. These stats are very important to coaches and it is something that we keep as part of our records for the team. If this could be added we could do away with paper.