Play should be over after Hit By Pitch

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
jweinhold

Play should be over after Hit By Pitch

Post by jweinhold » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:30 pm

I’m writing to let you in on a way to “tweak” your iScore Baseball app.

I was scoring a game today when a batter was hit on he helmet with a fastball. I hit the “play” button and selected “hit by pitch.” Everything seemed to work just fine, i.e., the batter was shown on first base and everything seemed ready for the next play.

Because the hit caused concern for possible concussion, a pinch runner was put in as a substitute for the injured player. When I attempted to make a offensive substitution by touching the runner on base, I got a screen that asked “what happened to the runner on first base?” screen. I don’t think that should have happened since a play is over when the batter is hit and is on first base. There is no possibility of anything further happening on that play, so that screen shouldn’t even have come up.

It took me long enough to realize that I had to select the “held up” button for the screen to go away. Only, then could I press on the player and get a substitution screen. By that time I had lost track of the game, and for me continuing to score the game was not possible.

I don’t think a continuation of a play should be possible if a batter is hit by pitch and has taken first base.

jd
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Play should be over after Hit By Pitch

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:06 pm

When you enter Hit by Pitch, that is the end of the play. When you tap any baserunner, it will ask what happened to the runner because you tapped that runner. In your case, you would tap Pinch Runner (or Courtesy Runner) and put in the new runner for the player that was hit by pitch.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs