Pitch Count

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
bellefso

Pitch Count

Post by bellefso » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:46 am

Hi,

I would like to see the pitch count total calculated on pitching change. Right now I have to look at the previous inning and then do the math when we get to pitch limits in LL. Once I make the change the umpires want the pitch count and math in the middle of the inning isn't always my strong suit.

Thanks,

Brian
mprusak

Re: Pitch Count

Post by mprusak » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:53 am

On tablet devices, pitch counts are displayed on scoring screen. On all devices, you can go to stats at any point to grab the current pitch count.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
bellefso

Post by bellefso » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:52 am

Yes, I understand that. In our league the pitch count is reported each inning. Not the total, but the each inning. If you tap the information icon(circle with the i in it) on the bottom right it shows the inning summary which includes the inning pitch count and the total in parentheses. However when you make a pitching change it doesn't show that information until the inning is complete(half inning technically). So I have to take the total from the start of the inning and subtract that from the total when making the change to report the innings pitch count to the umpire. It is doable but would be easier to not do the math.
PetroGuy

Post by PetroGuy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:15 pm

I'm not trying to talk you out of your feature request. I think it is a good idea. However, There are a couple of workarounds that I've used in LL in the past. The first is to hit Misc -> End Half Inning. Then you can use the Inning Recap to get the information right then. After you record the pitch count, hit Undo to get back to the current inning.

The other workaround is even easier and is what I usually did. I just waited until the end of the inning to record the pitch counts for each pitcher in the inning using Inning Recap. No one needs the innings pitch count in the middle of the inning even if there is a pitching change. As long as you have the total to keep track of pitching limits, you're good.
Check out the iScore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
bellefso

Post by bellefso » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Our league trains the umpires to get the pitch count right away on pitching changes to make sure any differences are ironed out when it is as fresh as possible. both benches keep the count and it is compared at the end of each inning or on pitching changes.

I can try the end half inning then undoing it, but I would still like to see the inning count somewhere before the end of the half inning. Even if it was under the Misc stuff, a kind of on demand thing to hit before making the sub.

Thanks,

Brian