Better Sync Options

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
edgarfebres

Better Sync Options

Post by edgarfebres » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:33 am

Having multiple devices, it is hard to keep them all in sync, specially with the web database. Here are the things I wish you guys did better with synchronization.

- On the website, instead of managing data, one by one copying from one devices to another, if there was a way to copy to all devices at once.
- Data Synchronization is not working right now for 4.51 and iOS 8.1. It would be nice to see all games on all devices sync'ed as soon as they conclude, again?
- Sync images: This one is specially a pain in the butt. Because it takes a while to export, then copy to a device so we can send Player Cards and email stats from that device, because that is the only device that has the images you want with each card. If all images were sync'ed to the account and not individual devices, it would be great. You already kinda do that when opening an account on the website and changing the images, it syncs with the device, but if we copy that device to another on the site, the images don't get copied. For me to truly have all devices in-sync, I have to go through the process of exporting, copying one to another, until I find the device that has all my images and photos so I can email the player cards from it. This sucks!
- Data sharing to include images via bluetooth. This isn't working either, but this would be another way to copy or have the option of copying images from one device to the other, even if they are not in the same account. So we could get the images of the players of the opposing team if they are using iScore.
- Having the option of copying or sync'ing images when sync'ing data. To at least have the options of keeping the images you have on your devices, say a parent is also keeping score, and they have their own photos of the kids, if you sync via bluetooth or data sharing, at least have an option to also sync the images for the roster and/or team logos.
- Sync team logo from web interface to device. Right now we can transfer the images from the website to a particular player, but the team logo doesn't get transferred.
- iScoreCast to ScoreBoard Sync. This doesn't work at all. I got from support a couple of tricks to get it working, like you have to actually set the winning pitcher, then hit iScoreCast Synchronize, then something like jump on your right foot 4 times and spin....etc. It doesn't work. I have phantom games scheduled on the scoreboard with dates that never occurred even when I'm choosing only to use one device to create the scoreboard. This would be really cool to have on our website, but I can't use it at all, so why keep it running if it doesn't work?
- Sync display stats. If I change the stats I want to see on one device, all devices under the same account should probably show the stats I want to see. Those should sync as well as the games and rosters and images and stats. Even when I export and import on another device, I have to go back to the setting and check through probably 100+ stat types to find the ones that are relevant. Again, when sending out, then I have to default to the device that had the stats I want to show the team instead of using any device that up to date with the games, stats, images, reports, etc.

Note. This is not in sync per say, but it is a bit confusing. Under the device->Options at the bottom, it says Customer ID: XYZXYZXYZ. This is not really the customer ID, in fact the customer is is the email address, is it not? That is how I think about it when I have all my devices signed in using the same username and password. In fact, on the website, under account you have it listed under "device" (Twice in fact): Devices ad156cf78e, b77577acb3, bc5a9e381f, d47fc5fe8e, fffffffc9c.
If would make it easier if you called a device ID: <deviceid> and an account: 'My Name' <registeredto@xyz.com>