Manually add/change stats

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
jdonato

Manually add/change stats

Post by jdonato » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:31 am

Hi all
Very excited about the possibilities of iScore. My request:
Being able to manually enter or alter batting/pitching stats. This could be very helpful, for example:
1. If one misses a game, but have received the stats (at-bats, etc)
2. If iScore adds functionality/new stats and I have the info necessary to fill those new stats. (Very real example/question: when the new version becomes available, will I be able to add the pitching stats that were not recorded in this version? Or does iScore recreate them automatically from the already scored game?)
3. Being able to change stats after the game (official scoring revisions, like a hit being changed to an error, or something like it)
4. Adding teams mid-season. Ex. My team is playing another team and I want to be able to see the other team stats. I can enter them manually before the game and enhance my experience.

Please excuse if I can already do this, and if so, please instruct on the procedure...
Thanks for a nice program with so much potential.
Luis

PD Any chance (or plans) of importing player/team stats from sites like mlb.com, etc.?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Manually add/change stats

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:20 am

Thank you for the requests... all very good ideas. Some we already have planned, and some we will add to our wish list and try and schedule them into an update at some point.

For adding missing stats... we have given a little thought to this and it would require another method of storing data internally in our application. Currently, all stat data is derived from games, so to accomplish this, we would need to just have a "stat entry page" per player that would allow you to enter / update pre-existing numbers for a player. We will add this to our enhancement request list.

#2. With the upgrade about to come out, you will automatically be able to see pitching stats for the existing games you have scored.

#3. Being able to make changes to an existing game after the game is over is something we have scheduled (editing plays other than just using UNDO to edit the previous play).

#4. You can add new teams at any time, so when we do get to adding manual stats, this will be addressed automatically.

For importing data from existing sites, that is a longer term goal of ours. We would like to be able to integrate with several web sites to allow easy importing of rosters, etc. We are hoping this will include the ability to bring data in from several of the youth / amateur league solutions that exist on the internet as well.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs