Website Customizations (future.feature.request)

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
randy21m

Website Customizations (future.feature.request)

Post by randy21m » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:16 am

Team Website Customization
1. Have the ability to modify what options are available on the left hand tree
- For example, our league has their own website (Sports Illustrated) where all of the Calendar, Photos, & Sponsors are already displayed/maintained. Would be nice to just remove (turn off) these menu options so it doesn't confuse other coaches/parents when visiting the Team Website. Currently I have a disclaimer on the Home page to go to our League's website for all of that information, but it doesn't stop them from clicking on it - and then getting confused when nothing is there.

2. If we can't remove those menu options, then allowing to place a redirect on those menu options would be nice, so when a coach/parent clicks on them it can take them to an external source - and allow for the option to open source in a new tab/window, or in same window. Alternatively, but not as clean as the menu redirect option, allow for those pages to be modified so that I can edit it (like the Home Page), so that I can put a disclaimer at the top of that page, and place a link for coaches/parents to follow for those specific items.

3. Since SI and iScore are the same (technically), somehow allowing us to link to the calendar in SI for our Team Website would also be a nice addition. Much like you have the Google Calendar embed option, but offer a SI Calendar embed option
This option already exists - at least to embed an SI calendar onto the page. Simply going to your Team Site in SI, and copying the URL of the "Schedule" into the line on your iScoreBaseball Team Website, works!

Player Website Customization
1. I have read this in the forum somewhere already, but adding a LogOff button on the Player Website, just like the Team Website. This is just good practice, and really no logic stands to NOT having it. Closing the browser should not be the acceptable answer.

Thank you for taking my suggestions into consideration! Love everything you've done thus far!

Team Admin Site Customization
1. Sort data by columns
- For example, sort a roster by Last Name or First Name, or Throws right,, etc
- Or on the Games for a team Sort by date, etc
- Basically just make columns sortable
Last edited by randy21m on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
OhioTex

Re: Website Customizations

Post by OhioTex » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:54 am

@randy21m - as mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I am a moderator and iscore user but not part of the company, so take this comment as unofficial, speculation and w a grain of salt.

1) good points,

2)FYI - the Team Web sites and player spotlight sites date back to before iScore was part of SiPlay, my guess (100% unofficial) is at some point they will merge/migrate towards SiPlay Web sites, maybe even phase out iscore team sites as we know them,. , but maintain the iScore device to web content update process..

3) so you know, if you have your own web site, you can take the Content Pages from the team web site (stats, games, roster etc) , and easily embed their URL in other web sites, . I know a number of travel teams and schools that do that, so the left side menu, becomes a non factor.

4) on the calendar, you can embed a google calendar p, you may try and embed a link to SI Play here and see how it looks.
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
randy21m

Post by randy21m » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:37 am

Added Team Admin Site Customization.

By the way, if anyone else has any other customization requests falling under the "Website Customization" category, we should try to consolidate a list here to make it easier for the developers to see.

If you have something you'd like to add, post it here and I'll consolidate it into the list above.
randy21m

Post by randy21m » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:22 am

OhioTex wrote: 3) so you know, if you have your own web site, you can take the Content Pages from the team web site (stats, games, roster etc) , and easily embed their URL in other web sites, . I know a number of travel teams and schools that do that, so the left side menu, becomes a non factor.
Good info! Wish our League allowed us more permissions to manipulate the "built-in" pages. They allow us to create custom pages - which I've done to provide links to our Team Website. I'll try to see if I can embed on there!
OhioTex wrote: 4) on the calendar, you can embed a google calendar p, you may try and embed a link to SI Play here and see how it looks.
Well, I guess I should have tried that first! I didn't think taking the regular URL from SI would allow it, but it did! I'll update the topic.