New Softball Season

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Agresti

New Softball Season

Post by Agresti » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:11 pm

I am a scorekeeper (2nd year) for my daughter’s JV softball team. She will return and play again this year as a 10th grade sophomore.
I am using the same iPad I used last year to score the school team’s games.

For this year, how do I “retire” last year’s team, their players, and all the teams/games/schools they played?

I would like to start with a fresh, new team this year as only some of the same players have returned; other have moved on to Varsity.

Is there a way to “backup/preserve” and/or delete all of last year’s information?
OhioTex

Re: New Softball Season

Post by OhioTex » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:23 pm

Use leagues.

Leagues are a way to group players/teams/games
( you enable/disable leagues in league manager and then only data games/players/teams for enabled leagues will show - data for non enabled leagues are filtered out, not removed from Device - )

This is what I would do...
Go to league manager
1) Add a league for 2017. (something like “school 2017”
2) add a league for 2018 (aka “school 2018”
3) Assign all games and teams from last year to “school 2017 league”
.. Under league manager> Tap the right arrow by “school2017” league > and then put a check mark next to A) all your 2017 games, B)all your 2017 teams and C) your 2017 school team players

Next go to team manager
4) edit your team name from ‘school team’ to ‘school team 2017’
5) create a new 2018 team .. “team name” and populate its roster by picking from player manager list or adding new players when needed.
6) click on each player on the roster and assign them to ‘school 2018’ league
7) assign 2018 ‘team ’ to ‘school league 2018’

Go back to league manager, disable all but ‘school league 2018’ . Now only games/players/teams assigned to the ‘2018 league’ will be visible. Any new games or teams or players you create will inherit whatever leagues are enabled .

Best practice is to NOT DELETE old players and games but instead use leagues to filter. This way you have historical data using leagues.
TurboAg

Post by TurboAg » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:47 pm

Great suggestion OhioTex. I’ve been scoring for a number of years now and that’s exactly how I have landed on doing the seasons year-to-year. One additional suggestion I would make, since you’re scoring HS is to create multiple leagues for each year, e.g., 2018 District, 2018 Non-District, 2019 Playoffs. The only benefit is that you can easily sort stats by any of those categories, using he leagues as filters.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:39 pm

@turboAg....nice to hear from a long time user.. long lapse from forum.. if i recall texas aggie in Asia? (I could be dead wrong)
Forum no longer allows personal messages, due to spam and i will delete this soon..but here is my email ohiotex.iscorebaseball@gmail.com
I Would really enjoy re connecing by email,I always apprecited your ncaa baseball insights .. hope to see you back in forum more..my daughter senior college season is upon me..
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1