How to keep online season stats in sync when scoring with multiple devices (responded,Awaiting user follow up if needed)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
bogeyorpar

How to keep online season stats in sync when scoring with multiple devices (responded,Awaiting user follow up if needed)

Post by bogeyorpar » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:27 am

This season we have 3 scorers using 3 different devices (2 iPads and 1 Android tablet) to keep track of our baseball games. We sync the teams and games with each other by using the "Get from Web" option. However, several parents noticed that when they are watching the iScoreCast, the season stats for players are all different depending on the scorer of the day. For example, a player shows 81 ABs one day, and only 70 ABs the next day!

What's the trick to keep the iScoreCast season stats in sync when we score from multiple devices?
OhioTex

Re: How to keep online season stats in sync when scoring with multiple devices

Post by OhioTex » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:20 am

bogeyorpar wrote:This season we have 3 scorers using 3 different devices (2 iPads and 1 Android tablet) to keep track of our baseball games. We sync the teams and games with each other by using the "Get from Web" option. However, several parents noticed that when they are watching the iScoreCast, the season stats for players are all different depending on the scorer of the day. For example, a player shows 81 ABs one day, and only 70 ABs the next day!

What's the trick to keep the iScoreCast season stats in sync when we score from multiple devices?
first congrats on working well with multiple devices. if you have any other issues let us know,

Background
  • I will start by assuming before a game broadcast you can validate all devices have the same stats for the team on the device and all are Option > Exported up to date
    (obviously if the source devices are out of sync the historical stats on broadcast will be out of sync).

by the way, I think the line on iscorecast may actually say Career (not season) but point taken.

NOTE: the game in progress stats are not added real time to career stats. career stats update after games completed and admin servers updated (option > export)
Likely issue/solve
  • my initial guess is the League usage on each handheld device is different and the iscorecast Settings for each device on my.iscorecentral.com may not be the same. (sorry not a one button fix, but not hard either)

the career stats can be filtered by leagues, and leagues are managed independently on each device and then the setting for what leagues to use for the career stats line on iscorecast is set by device on my.iscorecentral.com

my.iscorecentral.com > settings (upper right menu choice in yellow) > socrecasts > statistics.. drop down box with different choices for what leagues to use for statistics, including "All", : "do not show" and 'leagues' specific to that device.

I would have each device create a league on their device with the same name (e.g 2017-Season) then , each device make sure all teams and games are assigned to that same league. and every one use that league setting on my.iscorecentral.com for isocrecast stats,
this is my first guess, let me know if solves or not
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
randy21m

Post by randy21m » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:28 am

I'm also using 2 devices now, an Android tablet and an iPad, though that's primarily for backup and I don't intend (hope not) to have to use 2 devices on the same day.

So here's how I'm handling things to make sure everything stays in sync
TIP #1 - Assuming you have registered all of your devices to the same Admin Site!
TIP #2 - Owners of the other devices are NOT using them to manage other Leagues/Teams/Games/Players!!! If you use the below method, you will WIPE OUT anything they have in their iScore
1. Use one device a day to score game(s)
2. Go home and make sure everything is trued up with that device (Game ended, iscorecast synced, full export of DB to Admin Site)
3. Validate everything looks good on the Admin Site with your data
4. Go to Account tab, select Manage Data
5. You will see a listing of all of your registered devices, and the last date/time stamp they exported their data to the server
6. BE CERTAIN HERE - select COPY on the device you want to copy FROM
- So if you just used Device A today, and want to ensure that Device B and Device C are identical, select COPY on DEVICE A
- You'll notice that COPY changed to FROM HERE
7. You'll notice on your other devices it now says TO HERE, select that for each device
8. Now tell the owners of your other devices to do an IMPORT on their devices
9. Now all of your devices are 100% in sync

Multiple ways to attack this problem, but I found this was the easiest for me instead of doing one by ones, plus this method actually takes in the League settings as well (Current leagues, which leagues are active, etc).

Hope that helps!
bogeyorpar

Post by bogeyorpar » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:41 am

How do I register all devices to the same Admin web site? Right now each device has its own Admin website.
randy21m

Post by randy21m » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:21 am

Please take a look at this link:
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... device.php

Basically, you'll need to go to each Admin Website for each device, and register with the SAME email. Once you do that, you can log into my.iscorecentral.com with your email instead of the Device ID, and under the Account tab you'll see all 3 of your devices and the different options you have for them (Manage data, remove device, etc)

I should note that each device will still have it's own separate Admin Website, but this creates a "central" website that manages your data across your different devices. You'll see once you get in that above the "Manage Data" box, it lists your different devices. If you click on it, it will ask you if you want to switch to that devices data. Be aware of that! I had a "dual" scorecast showing up on my scoreboard still after I did all of my merging - and it was as simple as switching to that device on the Admin Site, going to Games>Scorecasts, and removing it from that devices Admin Site. It sounds more complicated than it is. Just realize it's still different databases, you're just managing them through one email.

If you need anymore help just let us know!
OhioTex

Re: How to keep online season stats in sync when scoring with multiple devices (responded, Awaiting user follow up if n

Post by OhioTex » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:16 pm

@ bogeyorpar - all solved? ... do you have any more questions?
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1