Baserunners advance on existing error

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
HITCHCOCK5

Baserunners advance on existing error

Post by HITCHCOCK5 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:53 pm

3 runners on. Overthrow on pickoff. How do you advance the other 2 runners without charging three errors? Other software has a button "advanced by the existing error". What do you select on iScore to move the 2 runners NOT envolved in the pickoff error? Thx.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Baserunners advance on existing error

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:48 pm

As long as the play is entered all as one "entry", then errors on the same play are only counted as one error for stats. So when iScore starts asking "What happened to XXX on 3rd base?", "What happened to YYY on 2nd base?", etc, you can mark them as Safe at the next base because of Error, and the error is all treated as one error for stats.
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:48 pm

OK, but what if there *are* two errors? Runner safe at 1st because of dropped ball by 1st baseman, who picks up and throws to third, and a different runner is safe because the 3rd baseman drops the ball? Granted, 99% of the games I'm scoring are covered by the first case above (one error on the play allows all to advance) but couldn't there be multiple errors on a play?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:59 pm

If that is the case, you can either move the runners as two separate plays - use "held up" if possible to keep people effected by the second error on base during the "first error", then click a base runner as a second play to start a new set of play entries, and use error again. This will be treated as two errors.

Another aproach (probably easier since this is a rare occurrence) would be to enter the complete play, then just use the Misc->Assign Error to assign a second error after scoring the play. You can then add a note if you would like indicating what occurred. This is probably the faster approach, and keeps error statistics correct.
davidlimbaugh

Post by davidlimbaugh » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Similar question - my second game ever - getting better :-) But I messed up twice. I can not get edit to work. Situation #1 - man on first - single to Right Center - CF boots ball - runner on first goes to third and I did that part right - then realized batter made it to second so I move him from first to second on error that I thought would be same error but it isn't. It went in as a separate play - how do I a) Delete that and b) change previous play to put him at second instead of first?

Similar situation later in the game - base hit up the middle but second baseman makes a bad throw to first - bad throw puts runner at second base. I forgot to put him on second on the initial error so I moved him to second with error (I know, but I am getting better) and now I want to make same type edit as above and can't seem to?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

In both situations, you should be able to go to the Pitch by Pitch, edit the pitch where the runner advanced to second, and just set it as "Advanced by Batter" or "Held Up" as the way they got to second. This will remove the extra "error" from stats. You can add a note to the play as well if you want to note anything about the play.
davidlimbaugh

Post by davidlimbaugh » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:06 pm

Thanks for the reply - but no joy...

How do I send this game to you to look at?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Options->Export, and email your customer ID (bottom left of Options screen) to support@fasterthanmonkeys.com. Please include a little note to remind us of what the issue is. Thank you.
davidlimbaugh

Post by davidlimbaugh » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:13 am

FTMSupport wrote:Options->Export, and email your customer ID (bottom left of Options screen) to support@fasterthanmonkeys.com. Please include a little note to remind us of what the issue is. Thank you.
I didn't see a way to include a note but I sent the game to you - it is the 14 inning Mt Juliet at Riverdale pre-season epic struggle :-) My boo boos are in the first and ninth inning - I wish there was a 'delete' play option and perhaps an 'add' play option for when I forget somebody down the road :-) Look at the errors on CF in top of first and errors on 2B in top of ninth - My error by giving them too many.... Thanks for the great support!!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:38 am

davidlimbaugh - the note FTM was refering to was "the email you send them".

So in addition to doing the export you have done, be sure you send them a seperate email ( support@fasterthanmonkeys.com) and include within that email your customer id (so they can tie it back to the export you made) and information you want to include as to your issue