Adding batters to the lineup after game starts (answered)

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
tracker15

Adding batters to the lineup after game starts (answered)

Post by tracker15 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:23 pm

Is it possible to add a batter to the lineup after the game has started and we have gone through the batting order at least once?

Our team was playing in a friendly tournament 2 weeks ago and we had a girl show up late so she wasn't in the lineup. Since it was a friendly, the coach decided to let her hit and placed her at the bottom of the lineup. We had gone through the lineup at least twice. Is there a way in iScore to insert her into the lineup at that point? Luckily she struck out to end the inning so it was easy to handle at that point, but I was wondering what I could have done if she actually got a hit and still maintain stats.
mprusak

Re: Adding batters to the lineup after game starts

Post by mprusak » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:45 pm

You can add to the bottom of the lineup at any time. Use misc-show starting lineup.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
tracker15

Post by tracker15 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:48 am

Thanks for the reply. If this situation happens again I'll try it. Question: If I add a player to the starting lineup in the middle of the game will iScore adjust for this change? My initial concern was that since the other batters have had 2 PA's, will adding a batter to the starting lineup in the middle of the game have adverse effects on the stats of the other batters?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:38 pm

As long as you add the player to the END of the lineup, you will be fine. Every league rule we have seen where a player can be added late, the player has to be added to the end, so this should be correct for most leagues. If you add the player to the middle, it will shift your lineup around, and the stats for previous at bats will be wrong.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs