score correction after/during game.

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
heroes

score correction after/during game.

Post by heroes » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:23 am

This is another simple question that may have been answered already.
But I can't seem to find the function anywhere...

if you want to correct the score for a particular play, but don't have the time to do so until after the game or later in the game, is there any way to do a selective undo/correction without undoing every play after?

It is also true to a past game that you want to correct certain plays many days later.

seems like it is a basic thing so I assume I just can't find it no my own.

please let us know

thank you!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: score correction after/during game.

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:39 am

We have this on our list for future enhancements, but it is not as easy as it sounds. For example, what happens if you change a 3rd out to a hit in the first inning? Now everything that happened after that is wrong for the entire game.

There may be other types of corrections that can be made without the same kind of effect (changing a pop out to a ground out, changing a strikeout looking to a strikeout swinging, changing a steal to a wild pitch, changing who the pitcher was in inning X... things like that). We are hoping this second set is the more common type of thing that is done, and will likely focus our efforts in this area.

If there are specific things that people run into post-game (or even in-game, but a few plays later), please let us know so we can be sure they are addressed when these enhancements are made.

We are really trying to give thought to how this can be done in an intuitive way without accidentally changing the results of the entire game.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
heroes

Post by heroes » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:42 pm

hello,

I can understand why this can be a tricky thing.
But I can't imagine others are scoring every single play without any mistakes.
We are at this point, with a bunch of games we scored that have a few corrections that need to be made. Since some games are from a few weeks ago, we can't possibly undo 100 times to go back to the particular play.

Like you said, it probably won't be like changing an error to a home run etc...
But changing a single to reached on error is one of the biggest corrections we need to make.

Hope this can be one of the things we guys look into making the next update....
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sun May 10, 2009 8:45 am

- echo the intent of this thread. to introduce a way to go back and "edit" / make corrections after the fact. (fly to grounder, error to hit or hit to error etc). An example i have run into (and yes i realize it is my error), i sometimes forget to reposition my fielders, /defensive positions before the first batter in a half inning, as we are a little league we move players around every couple innings. i have thought to myself, I wish there was a reminder screen to tap on the fielders when we start a half inning, like we do at beginning of a game, but i think the better and more robust enhancement, is a way to go back and correct an inning.

-related question.. is there a way to go back and review an inning even without making changes (beyond reviewing the scorebook, which by the way is awesome) if so i have not found that and it may be an interesting feature to consider done the line like version 3?
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun May 10, 2009 9:52 am

Actually our plan is to make a play by play output window where you can see every play from beginning to end in human readable form. You would then click on any play to edit it (although you would only be able to edit the things that didnt affect the rest of the game as described previously)
kbum

Post by kbum » Mon May 11, 2009 12:12 pm

One important issue I have is not being able to change a hit to an error, or vice versa at the end of an inning or game. Are you considering providing this capability in a near future enhancement?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Yes, that would fall into the "type 1" corrections as they have been named in this forum (meaning a change in scoring for the play that does not change future plays... basically like a "typo"). That will be in our next release (not the 1.60 release that has already been posted to Apple, but the following).

Thank you.
ron jewell

Post by ron jewell » Thu May 21, 2009 12:44 pm

I concur with the request for post-game correction capability. I tend to have trouble scoring when a number of throws are made on a single play, resulting in some out(s) and/or some advanced bases.

On another tack: In my first game scored, I somehow got the batting order incorrect for the opposing team. When I discovered my mistake, I needed to move a batter to his correct lineup position (or essentially, substitute the correct name of Batter #3 for instance) but retain the action captured. The iScore allowed me to change the lineup, and retained the correct capture info, but then transposed all of the subsequent batters and recorded each as substitutions.

I'll bet a lot of folks get the other team's order incorrectly set up.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 21, 2009 2:30 pm

We will look into getting this fixed. Thank you.
violine

Post by violine » Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm

I just bought this ap this afternoon and it was really easy to use. I used it at the Albuquerque Isotopes game this evening very easily. I do have a case where changing a play after the inning is over would come in handy.

During this game there was a play that I thought would be scored E1 and entered it as such. A few batters later the official scorer called it E3.

Thanks for writing such a great program!