scoring with RBI - Double Play

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
kanitch

scoring with RBI - Double Play

Post by kanitch » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:17 am

Hello, I have a couple of questions in one. I know the RBI rules in baseball that you cannot get an RBI on a double play. Howeverr, my iscore is scoring it as an RBI. Is there something I can change in settings? Sometimes it asks me if such or such player is out if the error didn't accure, but i am a bit confused with that, becasue the play it is asking about is not the player that would have been out. Any thoughts on that. Lastly, does anyone know this one... We are having lengthy conversations about if an error accures that there is no RBI scored. Does anyone know the exact rule when an RBI is scorred or not scorred on an error?
monarchstats

Re: scoring with RBI - Double Play

Post by monarchstats » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:16 am

MLB Rule 10.04.a.3 gives this guidance regarding awarding an RBI "(3) when, before two are out, an error is made on a play on which a runner from
third base ordinarily would score."
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: scoring with RBI - Double Play

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:39 am

When you score the runner, enter it as "On the Throw", not as "Advanced by Batter". If you say "Advanced by Batter" then you are telling iScore to give an RBI.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs