What if I Don't Care Who is On the Other Team?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
bherstig

What if I Don't Care Who is On the Other Team?

Post by bherstig » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:03 am

I am trying to keep track of a Little League travel team where we will see many different teams in tournament play (20-30) but probably only once in a season. The format is such that we often have 10-15 minutes between games, which is not enough time to get organized as a team AND enter information for the other team.

What I do want to keep are the batting statistics for my team and the pitching statistics for my team. I was thinking I could enter some standard positions into the system - "Pitcher", "First Baseman", etc. - unassigned to a specific team (or create a team called "Others") and use them each time - is this the best way? And are there any unintended consequences by doing this?

Thanks! Great product!!

BH
jdonato

Re: What if I Don't Care Who is On the Other Team?

Post by jdonato » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:47 am

I think what you want has been addressed already in other posts. Please check:

http://iscore.freeforums.org/what-if-we ... s-t17.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

http://iscore.freeforums.org/can-you-en ... y-t78.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

You can assign generic names, as you suggest. If you want to keep pitching stats, be sure to keep track of balls and strikes.

Hope this helps.
bherstig

Re: What if I Don't Care Who is On the Other Team?

Post by bherstig » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:58 am

Thanks. I read through the FAQ's but didn't think to look in other areas (like enhancements). I'm going to read through those now. Appreciate it!!

BH