Pitch Placement

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
escalanteld

Pitch Placement

Post by escalanteld » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:49 am

This question is more for other score keepers. I keep score for my granddaugher's softball team and have just purchasd this app. I am wondering how as a scorekeeper, you are able to see the pitch placement or record the speed of the pitches.
EagleDad

Re: Pitch Placement

Post by EagleDad » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:54 am

Hello escalanteld,

From the main scoring screen where it shows the diamond and player positions, you can flick the screen to the left and the pitch placement/speed screen will show up. After your done just slide the screen back to the right! :D

Take care,

EagleDad
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:32 am

If the questions is along the lines of "how can you actually tell the pitch placement/speed" as you are watching the game, I deal with this personally at my daughter's softball games. I don't enter the speed as we don't have a speed gun at the games, but for placement, I can generally tell by watching the catcher's glove. It's not going to be perfect as the catcher may be lined up inside or outside to begin with, but I have found it is close enough.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
EagleDad

Post by EagleDad » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:13 am

Ahhh, guess I was reading too fast. My apologies.

I have the same problem, it is very tough sometime unless you are directly behind the home plate umpire. Unless you have a radar gun or the stadium displays the speed on the main board it's just a wag or you don't track it all. Which is what usually happens.
:)