edit an "assigned error" / scoring question

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
oconnor.jb

edit an "assigned error" / scoring question

Post by oconnor.jb » Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 am

Batter hits a pop foul towards other dugout. From my vantage point, it looked like the catcher got there "with ordinary effort", but she attempted a basket catch and the ball spun out of her glove - foul ball. I used the "Misc, Assign Error" to score an error, especially since it would have been the 3rd out and the inning would have been over.

After the game, I went over and asked an opposing coach about it, and he said that our catcher was actually right up against the fence, and had to get around the on-deck batter, so maybe it had required more than "ordinary effort" to get to the ball in the first place. So, I thought I would take the error away.

Also, the batter struck out on the next pitch, so she never reached base and the inning ended. Would that reason alone be enough to take the error away? (since no one reached base or advanced as a result of the dropped ball)

Regardless, of the reason to take away the error, I think I've discovered that I can't do it through Pitch-by-Pitch. Could someone else confirm that, or fill me in on how to do it?

If I can't fix it directly in the Pitch-by-pitch, I'm guessing I would:
1) in Pitch-by-Pitch, add a Note that error was taken away and why
2) in the game stats, reduce player's error count by 1
mprusak

Re: edit an "assigned error" / scoring question

Post by mprusak » Mon May 27, 2013 8:43 am

I would just override the stats manually reducing the error by 1.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!