Will iScore support Mens Softball, 10 players in field

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
vinc_softball

Will iScore support Mens Softball, 10 players in field

Post by vinc_softball » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:14 pm

I have the requirement to score a Men's softball game which has four players in the outfield. Will iScore support this? Also, can I only keep track of our team, Home or Vistor? Do I have to enter another team roster and stats? (to keep track of score)

Thanks!
igitur

Re: Will iScore support Mens Softball, 10 players in field

Post by igitur » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:40 pm

I have the same problem with youth baseball where 10 players are required to fill out a defending team. I would like to assure each player will get props for catches, assists, etc. Please advise. Season starts in a few weeks.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Will iScore support Mens Softball, 10 players in field

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:12 pm

Having a 10th player in the field is one of the features that will be in the next release. Not the one that is awaiting approval right now, but the one that will be posted as soon as the current one gets approved.

We are going to be submitting updates for approval every time a new release is approved, and rolling in customer requests like these.

You can have any number of players batting, so the only thing you would lose right now is the defensive information like the fact that it was a popout to position 10. You can still mark the out, but would have to mark it as being caught by another player.

For keeping track of only your team, what customers usually will do is just put in a dummy second team. With the current version of the software, you can just quickly mark "out", "out", "out" for the other team. With the release that is awaiting approval, we have the ability to just say "end the inning", and you can skip the other teams at bat completely.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs