Can you enter Lineups "on the fly"?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
TiffRod

Can you enter Lineups "on the fly"?

Post by TiffRod » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:38 am

If so, how do you do this? Do you have to have the Rosters loaded at the TEAM level before starting the game, or can you enter the players as the game progresses? Once I hit "Score Game" I have entered the Home & Visitors teams, without rosters. When I then click "Next" to start the game, it asks for Lineups and won't let me click PLAY at any point?? What am I missing??? :?
EagleDad

Re: Can you enter Lineups "on the fly"?

Post by EagleDad » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:12 am

It is possible, but with the current version there are some pitfalls.

Here is how I enter games on the fly.
I create 2 teams each with a roster of players.
Team 1 will have 10 players named t1, t2, t3, etc
Team 2 will have 10 players named y1, y2, y3, etc

This will let you start the game and you can enter positions, jersey numbers, and names as you go.

The reason I do it this way is so I don't get the lineup out of order. Once you start scoring the game you can not move players around in the batting order.

I often arrive late to my sons games and have to catch up from the offical score keeper.

I think the new version we are waiting for approval on will correct this issue.

Otherwise this app is awesome!

Hope this helps,
EagleDad
Denig

Post by Denig » Mon May 04, 2009 7:40 am

This app is really great, I'm really enjoying it. I do have a problem though, very frequently during a game I get disrupted while keeping score. I may have to run to the snack bar with one of my other children, or leave and come back an inning or two later. At this point I don't want to catch up I just want to keep track from here on. I understand the statistics won't be correct any more, but, is there anyway for me to fast forward?

When I come back I'd like to be able to input the current score, inning and outs and start from this point.

Thank you!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 04, 2009 8:07 am

We do not have a way to do that right now. As you noted, the statistics would be lost, and that is really one of the things that adds value for the product. We are not trying to just be a "scorecard". We really intended the application to be geared toward keeping the complete statistics in a very easy way. In fact, the first release did not even have a "traditional scorecard", but we added it because so many customers requested it.

We may add this kind of capability in the future if enough users request it, but it really leaves a big hole with the statistics that will ruin not only the statistics for that game, but also for the cumulative statistics for the players and team.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
coachmom

Post by coachmom » Wed May 13, 2009 10:36 am

Would definitely be beneficial to enter opposing rosters on the fly.
We play sometimes 4 teams in one day, many that we have never played. Games run back to back. I usually just get the jersey numbers as they come up to bat to enter the roster on the paper book.
It would be nice to have this be available in the program.