Changing a game date file name.

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Ef2255

Changing a game date file name.

Post by Ef2255 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:23 am

Is there a way to resave a game with a different name? I imported a MLB game for 4/3 since 4/2 was no longer available. Didn't realize this would stop the import for today's game. Thank you in advance.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Changing a game date file name.

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:22 am

You can go to Game Manage, select the game, and change the name of the game in the title area. But if you are saying you want to use Discover to discover the same game a second time and change the name, that is not going to work because we store games that are Discovered with an internal ID that will be the same each time you discover the game, so it can not be discovered a second time.

You can create a new game without using Discover for today, and select the same teams, and it will work the same as a "discovered" games. The only thing you will have to do manually that discover would have done for you is set the scheduled start date/time (though it is not even required to do so), and set the Location of the game to the name of the stadium (though again, this is not necessary). Other than that, you would still use the Sync button to get the starting lineups just before game time like you would with a Discovered game.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
promark747

Post by promark747 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:45 am

I had to swap home/away teams for a game, and it's not letting me change the game name (or I should say, it allows me to change it in the title area but the change does not take, even after re-emailing the game and exporting). Is there another step I am missing?

Thanks
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:33 am

promark747 wrote:I had to swap home/away teams for a game, and it's not letting me change the game name (or I should say, it allows me to change it in the title area but the change does not take, even after re-emailing the game and exporting). Is there another step I am missing?

Thanks
Recalc stats.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
promark747

Post by promark747 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:04 pm

mprusak wrote:
promark747 wrote:I had to swap home/away teams for a game, and it's not letting me change the game name (or I should say, it allows me to change it in the title area but the change does not take, even after re-emailing the game and exporting). Is there another step I am missing?

Thanks
Recalc stats.
That didn't seem to work (went into Team Manager/my team/Team Stats/Recalc...is there a different "game recalc"?)

Thanks Mark
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:06 pm

When you update the game name in the Game Info screen, make sure you press the Done button on the virtual keyboard that pops up as this is what "saves" the changes.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs