Not including certain games in Team Info Hit Charts

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
SiliconTiger

Not including certain games in Team Info Hit Charts

Post by SiliconTiger » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:42 pm

From the admin website, I find the Hit Charts available under Team Info quite helpful. However, the Hit Charts don't seem to use Leagues to allow games to be filtered. This season we have a combination of real games which I've scored, as well as scrimmages, and I'd like to be able to look at the Hit Charts just for the real games. But even though the scrimmages are scored labeled with a separate League, everything seems to get grouped together on the Hit Charts on the admin website.

Any suggestions on how to enable only certain games to be included in the Hit Charts?

Thanks!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Not including certain games in Team Info Hit Charts

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:52 pm

From the Admin Website, it is always going to show all hits for the player. On the device, they are filtered by leagues. If you have the optional Team Website, you can also filter by leagues there as well.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
LeftyHitter

Post by LeftyHitter » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:29 am

This is one of the major frustrations I'm having with iScore. Is there a reason that the hit charts are about the only thing that is only available on the admin site and not the device and they are also one of the only things that don't filter by leagues? I hope it's not just a ploy to get more people to buy a team website. I would love to be able to display them on the device in the same format they have at the admin site with league filtering available and being able to email them. The only way to get the information now is to email myself each current players player card filtered by league and then copy and pasting the charts into a separate document. An awful lot of work after each game. Also, it would be nice to be able to email an entire teams player cards in one screen instead of having to drill down to each player and then email their individual card.

A little background. This is now the second year I've been using iScore to keep the stats for the high school team. I made what is now seeming to be the wrong decision to create new leagues for the new season instead of an all new team. Now when I try to get hit charts for this season, I get all of last years info on the chart as well. Also, all of the players that aren't on the team any longer still show too, even though they are now listed as inactive. The coach does not want to put the stats out to the public, so a team website doesn't make any sense for us.

I really love iScore and have recommended it to quite a few people, but this is definitely one thing that could use some work. I would love to hear some of the long time users input on how to handle new seasons for the same team before travel season rolls around, too.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:39 am

Nothing on the admin website is league filterable.

I don't think there is anything wrong with making more features available in optional team websites. I wouldn't consider this a "ploy". Its true value-added (and a bargain for $20/yr)

I agree with ability to send full team player cards in one shot. This has been requested before and is on the enhancement list I believe.

I guess the approach you take to a new season has to be weighed against what is important to you and if you are willing to purchase a website to help accomplish your desired goals.

If the hit charts for this season only are critical and you are unwilling to spend $20, then you may be better of creating a new team. This would come at the expense of not having historical stats under a single team.

Personally, I use the same team from year to year and use leagues and inactive/active players to manage roster. I also take advantage of the team website and (as stated) find great value in it.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!