Player Manager & League Manager Problem

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
fbltad

Player Manager & League Manager Problem

Post by fbltad » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Ok, I've had this issue for a few years and I'm not sure if it's me or not. Here's my setup.

iPad iScore v4.02.

I imported all the spring 2013 'Majors" teams and rosters for my son's league directly through the League Athletics connection. I synced all the players using Verify, brought in the teams, etc. All good.

My leagues are setup as 2013 MAJ, 2013 AAA, 2013 AA, etc. I've got the leagues going back a couple of years now, just the year changes. The players continue to grow through the leagues and (knock wood) I've managed to keep all their stats in one place for each player.

Now my issue:

If I 'deactivate' prior year leagues, leaving only the new 2013 leagues active, all the players disappear from the Player Manager listing. They're all still in the team roster for their 2013 teams and all the 2013 teams are properly assigned to their 2013 Leagues and I can see all the 2013 teams in the Team Manager listing.

The only way to bring bring the players back into the Player Manager listing is to activate the "All" league in the League Manager function.

Alternatively, if I update a specific player and add the PLAYER to a 2013 league, they will show up in the Player Manager listing. Of course, I can only do this while the "All" league is active otherwise they're not in the Player Manager listing. That means I have to go through EVERY player, check if they are on a 2013 team, and then add the appropriate league to their profile.

So ... is this a bug or is it "as designed"?

My expectation is that if a player is on a team and the team is in a league and the league is active, I should see the player in the Player Manager listing. I shouldn't have to manually update every player to add them to a new league after I've already added them to a specific team that is in a league. When I review a specific player from the Player List, I can see all the teams they're part of. I can see that they are on a 2013 team but unless I "Activate" the "All" league, I can't see the player.

I'm guessing there's a reason for the database to be programmed this way but what am I missing that I can't understand this disconnect?

Thanks in advance for clarifying this for me.

Lauren
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Player Manager & League Manager Problem

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:15 pm

You are correct. Teams, Games, and Players are all assigned to leagues independently. When you view a Team, you can view the roster for that team even if the underlying players are not in the active league. But when going to Player Manager (or a raw player listing), only the players in the currently active league(s) are visible.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs