Please help

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
TerryRemy

Please help

Post by TerryRemy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Would it be too much to ask to have a simple link for softball or am I just not seeing it?
How is one supposed to be able to look up a softball team and follow their games?
It took me an hour just to figure out how to get registered on iscore.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Please help

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:47 pm

iScore is not intended to be a "destination site". You do not look up a team to follow, you ask the person scoring for the team for the information to view the data (customer ID or Team URL if they have one). If they happen to have an optional Team Website, you can search for them at http://iscorebaseball.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, but many users do not share their data --- they prefer to keep it private.

If you know a player on a team that is using iScore, ask them for the Customer ID so you can follow their iScorecasts, or for the URL to their Team Website if they have one.

You can also go to http://iscoretv.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to view live games being scored at any given time.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
okava

Post by okava » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:30 am

The most difficult part to iScore is building opponent rosters, it would be helpful to search for Customer id's by team. I look on iscoretv and use screen shots today but that only looks at games in a small window.
team mom

Post by team mom » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:27 pm

okava wrote:The most difficult part to iScore is building opponent rosters, it would be helpful to search for Customer id's by team. I look on iscoretv and use screen shots today but that only looks at games in a small window.
There is no quick fix for this. Many leagues now allow you to download rosters (usssa for example) but teams often do not keep them current. You do this through the discover team function. I do a little homework prior to each tournament and try to find opposing rosters online through various sources - google, facebook, team websites, iscore, gamechanger, usssa, etc. It takes some time but results in much less stress on tournament day if I have most of the teams pre-loaded. Over time you will build up a decent roster of teams and will only need to adjust for new players. In a pinch you can always use quick roster to set up a new team and then edit the player names between innings.

I find that this doesn't bother many people as they don't care about tracking the other team. After 5 years of iscore, I have a nice history of players and can see their batting history against us any time we see them again, whether or not they have changed teams. Information may not always be the most current, but does provide another tool in the toolbox.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
okava

Post by okava » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:32 am

I do a little homework prior to each tournament and try to find opposing rosters online through various sources - google, facebook, team websites, iscore, gamechanger, usssa, etc. It takes some time but results in much less stress on tournament day if I have most of the teams pre-loaded.

I find that this doesn't bother many people as they don't care about tracking the other team. After 5 years of iscore, I have a nice history of players and can see their batting history against us any time we see them again, whether or not they have changed teams. Information may not always be the most current, but does provide another tool in the toolbox.

After 5 years I'm in the same boat lots of players with lots of teams and lots of time merging players that have been imported or duplicated. I would like to add iscoretv to my list of sources. I find most people don't understand how helpful a complete roster of the opposing team is.
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:20 am

I have for the last 5 years used iscore to follow high school , travel ball and college fast pitch games. For both high school and college I would try before the game to go to the teams internet, not iscore, website and enter the roster ahead of time there. With travel ball I could only use the quick roster feature and then just add the player's jersey numbers. In fact I ended up just having an "opponent" team in my data base because I could care less who the actual players were on the opposing travel ball teams. With College the problem I run into is there may be 35 girls on a team's roster. I have so many players already entered that it takes 15 minutes to a half hour to export my data already. (And that is after going to a new device for college and leaving my high school and travel ball data on my old device.) So to keep the roster number under 20 I try to scout out some of their previous games stats to see who is actually playing and the maybe have 3 unknown players listed that can be edited in later or deleted if not used. The other issue is after entering the rosters ahead of time the game is cancelled due to weather and is not going to be made up. What happens to the names of the players I entered if I delete the team they are on? Do I have to delete each player that we won't ever play against also? Also does it matter if I entered the players by going into roster and adding them to the roster by adding them to the player list first or if I quick roster and then edit their names, numbers and positions in later?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:09 am

When you delete a team, the players remain. It does not matter if you enter the players through Player Manager or through the Roster for a team... it still creates the underlying player records.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!