Questions regarding traded players

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Tim418

Questions regarding traded players

Post by Tim418 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 am

Hi -

I want to make sure I am handling traded players correctly to ensure stats don't get lost.

Let's say Barry Bonds is traded from the Giants to the Mariners. Should I delete him from the Giants roster and add him to the Mariners? Or can he exist on both rosters with stats going to the appropriate team?

If I delete him from the Giants roster, will his stats for that team be saved or deleted?

I want to make sure I am doing everything right to ensure that all stats from each team are saved while the player's cumulative stats appear on his card.

Thanks.
OhioTex

Re: Questions regarding traded players

Post by OhioTex » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:10 am

To preserve lifetime stats, Do not delete players form the Player Manager. (Nor any games from game manager ) This is a general rule/tip, the data storage space is not much.

On Giants , put Bonds on the inactive list, Next game giants are in Bonds will not be in the default starting game line up pulled from active roster.

On Mariners, add him to Rsoter to Team Manager > Roster > add existing layer, pick and save.
Tim418

Post by Tim418 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:14 am

Thanks what if I delete him from a roster, but not the player manager.) Or is it safer to just make him inactive?
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:32 am

1- if you do not already, always OPTION > EXPORT after every scored game.
not only does this update any team web sites you have, it creates an emergency back up on the iSCORE servers.

2- No underlying data loss risk by removing a Player from Team Manager > Roster
- ((you can remove and put him back to see the effect, if worried, do an option> export, then try removing a player from a roster, adding him back and making hime active and inactive, if you mess things up, can Option > Import to last export settings)

3- If he is in the team manger roster (active or inactive), he will show up on Team Stats on your device. but when you start a new game the game line up is populated from the current active team roster. only active players show up on the initial game line up . (great for players on DL)

4- team web site gives you the option of including or excluding inactive players from statistics.

Make sense