Editing stats after you have chosen "end game"

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
baseball spaz

Editing stats after you have chosen "end game"

Post by baseball spaz » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:10 pm

I scored my first game on my iphone. I need to make a change to the stats as I made a mistake and skipped a batter when in fact they were the 3rd out and an additional run scored. I do not see anyway to edit the scoring. I have "ended the game". I know you can edit how a player was out or safe but I do not see how you can make a major change.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Editing stats after you have chosen "end game"

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:43 pm

The only way to make a change that effects the outcome (i.e. additional runs, changing outs to safe or safe to out, etc) would be to undo back to the point of the mistake, then re-enter the data from that point forward. Baseball is very much a game where previous events effect later events (runner steals second, then scores on the next batter's base hit can not be changed to runner was out at second without a lot of side effects --- what if it was the 3rd out? what do you do with the RBI that was counted? the list goes on...)

Other sports are more forgiving. Changing a made shot in basketball to a missed shot changes the score, but not much else (maybe a rebound). There are not the dependencies the way there are in baseball.

Sorry to digress, but we just want people to understand that it is not as easy as it sounds to allow any change to be made at any point in a game.

We will continue improving the edits that can be made after the fact, but as long as you "score what you see", then the edits you can make will work the majority of the time. If you see a runner is safe at a base, mark them as safe at the base. You can later change the reason they were safe. If you see a runner is out at a base, mark them as out at that base. You can change why they were out later if needed. If a run scores, mark it as a run scored, and you can change whether it was advanced by batter, or on an error later.