scoring 8 year old baseball

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
richb3

scoring 8 year old baseball

Post by richb3 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:09 pm

I want to score my son's 8 year old games. They have 11 players & every inning two different players sit out and they change positions every inning.

ie, my son played LF, 1B, C, RF, sit out, 2B

this would be the case for all 11 players on each team.

also, can I just do stats for my son only?

thanks,
OhioTex

Re: scoring 8 year old baseball

Post by OhioTex » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:53 pm

iscore is great for little league games.
I score many games with free substitution and bat all.

you just need to manage the substitutions for your team, each inning.

On offense, i assume you batt all 11 kids. just set up your line with all players (11) batting.
If you know the first inning defensive starting positions, enter them on the starting line up too

On defense, each time your team takes the field, before you score the first pitch, make sure you touch the player positions in the field and assign the right player. You can substitute this way at any time. (substitute this way, touch fielder white circle with number, not by misc editing starting line up)

you do need to have an opponent, though you can choose how much or how accurate you want to track their play. quick roster lets you make a generic team quickly (player 1, player 2, etc) very fast. (I am not sure if there is a minimum number of opponent players required, i generally count the opponents so i can track their order ). you can leave all the fielding positions blank if you want. Often people track at a minimum the opponent pitcher name/number to track pitches.
reggie_hammonds

Post by reggie_hammonds » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Well said above. I track both my 7 year olds games plus my 11 year old who plays Little League plus tournament ball. I prefer to have a different "name" for my son with each type of baseball. I have seen that you can select certain games to track stats but I find it easier to just add "little league" onto his last name and use that name for little league games and his regular name for all tournament games.

Also, I learned the hard way on substituting. Once the game starts, do not change a players original starting position when you make a substitution. If you change their original starting postion to move them to a different position the app will make that change starting from the start of the game. Follow the steps from the poster above.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:10 pm

reggie - have you looked into using "League Manager".? That is what i do for my kids who play in multiple leagues. (eg Spring league, Travel Club, Tourneys, School team, etc). I can then see their stats in any way i want, his batting average for League, is average for tourney, his combined stats for some, both, all and any combination..it is very flexible.

the video tutorial explains it pretty well as does the instruction book.