Iscore frozen on iPad

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
softballdad5911

Iscore frozen on iPad

Post by softballdad5911 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:26 am

My iscore program seems to be frozen on my iPad. I was updating player cards and while trying to update. Player photo, it froze and I can't get out of it? Help have 3 games today
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Iscore frozen on iPad

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:38 am

If iScore freezes, you can exit out of iScore at any time by following these steps.

1. Press the home button on your device to go back to the home screen.

2. Double-press the home button to show all running applications on your device

3. Hold finger on the iScore icon in the bottom tray that appears and press the "-" (minus) sign on the icon to close iScore. (NOTE: Do not press an "x" on the iScore icon --- this would mean you accidentally held your finger on the main iScore icon instead of the one in the "task bar" at the bottom of the screen)

4. Tap the home button again, and restart iScore
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
HolyRomanEmperor

Post by HolyRomanEmperor » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Not sure if this was the problem you had, but I have also noticed that occasionally if you are editing a field on the iPad and then tap the screen to leave that field without first hitting the minimize button on the pop-up keyboard, it will get similarly stuck/frozen. Ever since I started making sure to minimize the keyboard before leaving an edit field, I have not had it freeze on me at all.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Interesting observation --- we were hoping this could be a clue to the intermittent freezing issue.

We just tried from both the Player Manager and from team Rosters to bring up the Player Info screen, and tapped in edit fields, and tapped away from edit fields without closing the keyboard, and also with closing the keyboard, and using the back button (upper left corner) both with the keyboard open and without, and have not been able to make the iPad freeze intentionally.

Do you have any reproducible steps to cause a freeze?
HolyRomanEmperor

Post by HolyRomanEmperor » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Sorry, I got it slightly backwards. It happens if you minimize the keyboard without hitting return.

For example, in the game setup screen (after you create a new game and are entering the weather and field conditions and such), if you go in to edit the weather conditions field - if you enter some data and then press they minimize keyboard button instead of return, you will not be able to scroll the screen. It appears to be frozen, and I have to exit the app and go back in to free it up.

Hope that helps, and like I said this may not be the same issue others are experiencing.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Yes, that scenario we are aware of and have fixed for the next release. Thank you.