Twitter

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
aussie996

Re: Twitter

Post by aussie996 » Sat May 04, 2013 1:21 am

Using Andriod.

I have a problem with tweets similar to that described above. Twitter is set up and test tweeted OK. During games with Twittercast definitely on, I had no auto-tweets, and no manual tweets (but saw the red Tweet) . After some testing, it appears that the Tweet lengths were too long for Twitter although there are no error messages.

I got manual tweets to work by reducing the length of the Home and Visitor team names to 6-8 characters under Game Details on the Game Info screen. However, still no auto-tweets.

My belief is that by reducing the length of the team names the manual tweets now fit within the max. tweet length allowed by twitter and thus twitter accepts and sends them. I'm sure the developers can confirm is this belief is correct. I use longer team names (20-30 characters) under Team Manager.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or to get auto-tweets working ?

Thanks.
williamroycepaige

Post by williamroycepaige » Sat May 04, 2013 5:53 am

I was scoring the 4th and final game of a 2 day tournament, two on Saturday and two on Sunday, during the final game a parent who was following twitter called and said they received a message stating that I had exceeded the maximum number of tweets in a 24 hour period and that it would reset in 6 hours. I tried to research the maximum number of twweets allowed but was unable to find an answer. Does anyone know the limit on an hourly or daily basis?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat May 04, 2013 7:57 am

@aussie996 - good find - we will make sure iScore limits tweet lengths to 140 characters by limiting team name lengths. It should be using the 'Short Name" for the teams if you have them entered which would prevent this, but we will make sure it works in all scenarios for the next update.

@williamroycepaige - Here is Twitter's link to tweet limits: https://support.twitter.com/articles/15 ... -following. They say 1,000/day with smaller hourly limits, but they don't break it down by hour. We were testing having auto-tweets of every pitch and found it not possible because of their limits. We believe it is somewhere around 100 per hour, but they say they can reduce that during high demand periods on their site. So there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs